Private Ambulance Service?

Is there such a thing?? I am sick of the dire service my father is receiving from the Patient Transport services so am looking for an alternative.

Thanks

Is there such a thing?? I am sick of the dire service my father is receiving from the Patient Transport services so am looking for an alternative.

Thanks

Without going into too much detail, is an actual ambulance and trained staff required or could you get away with a taxi with a wheelchair lift? There are a few of those about.

Without going into too much detail, is an actual ambulance and trained staff required or could you get away with a taxi with a wheelchair lift? There are a few of those about.

My Dad cannot walk very far and is oxygen dependant so ideally needs trained help.

I hope you have deep pockets - a private ambulance will be £150 a trip at least.

Best prices are going to be St John I suspect, and they may well recommend a nurse accompanies them in a wheelchair taxi anyway to keep costs down.

Is there such a thing?? I am sick of the dire service my father is receiving from the Patient Transport services so am looking for an alternative. Thanks

If the service was too good, they would get too many people using it.

Thanks

What are your concerns ?

The patient transport went to pot when Yorkshire Ambulance Service took over from the now defunct South Yorkshire Ambulance Service a few years back. I was a medicar driver and saw this happen first hand, as soon as Yorkshire Ambulance Service took over, the staff was totally crapped on and job satisfaction went through the window. If you are not happy with the service make a formal complaint to the hospital and let them sort it out, after all it is the hospital that foots the payment for your fathers transport.

What are your concerns ?

Attempt 1 they called to cancel the ambulance saying the appt had been booked with not enough time for Transport

Attempt 2 they went to is old address when he had been living at his new address for 4 months and had previously picked him up from that address.

Attempt 3 they were an hour late and then only sent one driver (you need 2 for an oxygen dependant patient)

Attempt 4 they left him sat in a wheelchair at the hospital yesterday to come home for 6hrs

---------- Post added 25-03-2016 at 16:14 ----------

The patient transport went to pot when Yorkshire Ambulance Service took over from the now defunct South Yorkshire Ambulance Service a few years back. I was a medicar driver and saw this happen first hand, as soon as Yorkshire Ambulance Service took over, the staff was totally crapped on and job satisfaction went through the window. If you are not happy with the service make a formal complaint to the hospital and let them sort it out, after all it is the hospital that foots the payment for your fathers transport.

A formal complaint has been sent in, yesterdays 6hr wait just adds to the fiasco and the Hospital put there own complaint in yesterday too

Have a look at event medics and that sort of thing. Some of the bigger ones have ambulances.