Dina , 32 Cambridge Street.

Dina is housed in what used to be 'Cutlers' pub I think is meant to be a sort of art gallery. Been in friendly enough anyone else been in?

Yes. People friendly enough. Get the feeling it's just getting off the ground as an arts venue. Not just a gallery more of a performance space combined with art gallery blurring the boundaries a bit. More accessible than The Site gallery for example. Looks promising- bit more like the type of place found in continental Europe. I wish them luck and hope they succeed.

Be helpful if they publicised their opening hours though. At the moment it looks more like a place people would drop in rather than a destination in itself.

Edited by Walkley0 Mum

Yes Dina is great. Her coffee is very nice.Always a nice and friendly welcome. It's best to phone or text her first as she doesn't like it when people just turn up.

I was nearby yesterday afternoon so thought I'd have a look, but it was closed and apart from a tv in the window playing video of traffic on a loop, there was no sign of life at all. Good Friday though.

Probably a bit snobby but might go and have a nose around next week.

Is there an entrance fee?

hi, everyone. DINA (DIgitalNAtive) taken on the old derilict former 'stardust and cutler' pub and nightclub and are providing a fully licenced space to promote interesting arts and performance.The focus is on on youth and digital but we are happy to talk to any one who wants good natured parties, art shows, fairs, conferences, shows etc, especially from local charities and the like. We don't have arts or community funding as yet, so we have to have a commercial side as well as charitable one. We are interested in helping local causes and providing an affordable space for shows, events, theatre, conferences and performance. We are a flexible space for all this kind of thing but can't be 'open' all the time as we are often' turning the space around'/cleaning up etc during the day. There is a door bell and usually someone working between the hours of 10 and 6. (except mondays). As well as a thousand d.i.y jobs that need doing and all the meetings, programming and hard physical work necessary to put on 'events' we are trying to get the famous rotating dance floor going again. Here's a link to our crowd funder at gofundme (rotaing dance floor)

THanks fort all the good wishes and kindness . we also like talking to volunteers about what they can do. all the best. @DINAvenue