Castor street attercliffe/newhall memories

I am trying to trace the history of a couple of buildings in Attercliffe/ Newhall half of the building is on Don street and the other side is on castor road can anyone point me in the right direction nearly all the original buildings have gone and it is now an industrial estate so any old photos,maps etc would be welcome

The Standard piston ring used to on the end of that road Don rd end and st clements church and vicarage padget st end rear gates to newhall school on other side of road across from vicarage think that's the area you are looking at.

The Standard piston ring used to on the end of that road Don rd end and st clements church and vicarage padget st end rear gates to newhall school on other side of road across from vicarage think that's the area you are looking at.

come again in English :roll:

I am trying to trace the history of a couple of buildings in Attercliffe/ Newhall half of the building is on Don street and the other side is on castor road can anyone point me in the right direction nearly all the original buildings have gone and it is now an industrial estate so any old photos,maps etc would be welcome

------------------------

You said Don Street and Castor Road should that be Don Road and Castor Street

I may be wrong but I think Castor Street ran off Don Road which I think was first on the right going over Newhall Road bridge towards Brightside Lane. Castor Street was about second on left going up Don Road.

Edited by Boginspro

Here is an old map. :)

---------- Post added 24-03-2016 at 22:22 ----------

The Standard piston ring used to on the end of that road Don rd end and st clements church and vicarage padget st end ...
Yes - the Standard Piston Ring & Engineering Co. and St Clement's Church were between Castor Road and Clixby Road - see here. :)
I am trying to trace the history of a couple of buildings in Attercliffe/ Newhall half of the building is on Don street and the other side is on castor road...
The large-scale map I posted shows the Standard Piston Ring & Engineering Co. on the corner of Don Road and Castor Road, with the church a little further along Castor Road and the school opposite. Here is a link to a photo on the picturesheffield.com site, taken looking along Clixby Road and on to Stamford Street (not named on the first map I posted), showing the Piston Ring & Engineering Co. building at the left. Edited by hillsbro

hillsbro saves the day again