Wisdom tooth extraction

I plan to have some porridge in the morning before i go i don't usually eat much in the morning but will have to try

It's very important that the blood clot from the tooth extraction stays in place, it's very easy to dislodge.

Drinking through a straw or sucking anything can pull it out, eating can sometimes too.

Sipping fluids is the best way to go, or eating semi solids like yoghurt.

Drinking and smoking are a massive no-no.

If the blood clot falls out you'll be in some of the most intense pain you've felt in your life, and it'll continue for a good month or so.

It's very important that the blood clot from the tooth extraction stays in place, it's very easy to dislodge.

Drinking through a straw or sucking anything can pull it out, eating can sometimes too.

Sipping fluids is the best way to go, or eating semi solids like yoghurt.

Drinking and smoking are a massive no-no.

If the blood clot falls out you'll be in some of the most intense pain you've felt in your life, and it'll continue for a good month or so.

Yes I'm aware of that but I've not had it done yet will be having yoghurts later or mash...after how many days is it safe from coming out if its going to? i have had a tooth out before and luckily was okay with that

4-5 days is the number I seem to remember, past that you're usually ok.

I think the fail rate is something like 10-20%, most probably not looking after it properly and sucking it out by accident.

Smokers are double or more likely to have it pop out.

I've had several out, if you eat/drink gently and follow the dentists instructions you'll be fine.

Try to avoid poking it around with your tongue too, it's very tempting!!

It's done it was a lot of pressure thought she was going to break my jaw and nose not nice was shaking like a leaf. She's out a healing pack in which dissolves to help it heal quicker. She's told me 3 days before I'm safe that it won't come out she's told me not to have crisps for 1 week

It's done it was a lot of pressure thought she was going to break my jaw and nose not nice was shaking like a leaf. She's out a healing pack in which dissolves to help it heal quicker. She's told me 3 days before I'm safe that it won't come out she's told me not to have crisps for 1 week

As obvious as it sounds, rest especially today and tomorrow, and by that I mean don't be rushing up/down stairs or doing and work around the house or owt that gets heart racing.

As obvious as it sounds, rest especially today and tomorrow, and by that I mean don't be rushing up/down stairs or doing and work around the house or owt that gets heart racing.

Oh no i wont be I've been laid down most of today apart from going to the supermarket. Wont be going back to the gym till after easter now anyways she said would be fine to do so next week

Oh no i wont be I've been laid down most of today apart from going to the supermarket. Wont be going back to the gym till after easter now anyways she said would be fine to do so next week

Yeah, should be fine in a week! Glad it's gone ok sunblock.

I didn't want to write earlier my nightmare to come! I had a problem removal on my lower left a few years ago, which damaged branches of the manbibular nerve, including the inferior alveolar and mental nerve, and had one of the best in the country (I'm told) to try and fix it. He did a great job, but damage was already there. Left me with little to no feeling in my chin and lower lip (and why I don't shave!). Worse to come though, when I went a year or two ago, they found that all my swelling around this left lower wisdom tooth is actually an odontoma, so I have to have an MRI every 6 months now, which if grows any more, I'll most likely lose all feeling in my left side, AND (worse still) tongue as it is all around the nerve :(

Nothing to do with sweets! I don't like sweet things. Runs in the family. Damn teeth, gimme falsies anyday :hihi:

Yeah, should be fine in a week! Glad it's gone ok sunblock.

I didn't want to write earlier my nightmare to come! I had a problem removal on my lower left a few years ago, which damaged branches of the manbibular nerve, including the inferior alveolar and mental nerve, and had one of the best in the country (I'm told) to try and fix it. He did a great job, but damage was already there. Left me with little to no feeling in my chin and lower lip (and why I don't shave!). Worse to come though, when I went a year or two ago, they found that all my swelling around this left lower wisdom tooth is actually an odontoma, so I have to have an MRI every 6 months now, which if grows any more, I'll most likely lose all feeling in my left side, AND (worse still) tongue as it is all around the nerve :(

Nothing to do with sweets! I don't like sweet things. Runs in the family. Damn teeth, gimme falsies anyday :hihi:

Ouch that doesnt sound good my jaw feels less painful today was really hurting me yesterday intact i spent most the afternoon laid on the bed feeling off it.

At leased you're sorted now.:) I was quite lucky when I had mine done because I didn't get the chance to think about it. When my top and bottom left wisdom teeth came through, the top one grew at a funny angle and as I was eating it was chewing the inside of my cheek which was a nightmare.

I made an appointment to get it checked and was offered a removal straight away, both the left ones. My initial thought was to make an appointment and come back but I thought no just get it over and done with I'm in the chair anyway.

At leased you're sorted now.:) I was quite lucky when I had mine done because I didn't get the chance to think about it. When my top and bottom left wisdom teeth came through, the top one grew at a funny angle and as I was eating it was chewing the inside of my cheek which was a nightmare.

I made an appointment to get it checked and was offered a removal straight away, both the left ones. My initial thought was to make an appointment and come back but I thought no just get it over and done with I'm in the chair anyway.

Yeh had to go back to the dentists yesterday thought the clot came out the night before it wasn't must just been something hanging on but she put a dressing in and cleaned it just in case I got infection and she's given me anitbotics because I have a really bad chest and my immune system is rubbish so just incase so should be okay now but the dressing taste gross. Like really strong tcp. And my nose keeps bleeding but when i asked if the two were related she said not so don't know what that's about as I don't get nose bleeds. Eek not good but that's sometimes best do it there and then instead of having to wait about

I had mine done at the dental hospital in September. It was badly impacted so I was given local anaesthetic and a sedative.

Are you having the sedative? It's AMAZING - like being drunk but without a hangover. I'm convinced I fell asleep because the only things I can remember are the IV needle going into my arm, and then coming round to them saying "all over".

The pain after was awful for a couple of weeks, but that might be because unlike you, I had to have my gum cut open and the tooth removed in sections.

Good luck!

Edit: just seen that you've already had it done. Hope it went well :) did you get the nasty-tasting brown stuff?

Edited by Revel

I had mine done at the dental hospital in September. It was badly impacted so I was given local anaesthetic and a sedative.

Are you having the sedative? It's AMAZING - like being drunk but without a hangover. I'm convinced I fell asleep because the only things I can remember are the IV needle going into my arm, and then coming round to them saying "all over".

The pain after was awful for a couple of weeks, but that might be because unlike you, I had to have my gum cut open and the tooth removed in sections.

Good luck!

Edit: just seen that you've already had it done. Hope it went well :) did you get the nasty-tasting brown stuff?

The brown stuff that looks like wool? Yes I did on sat tastes like taste like tcp yuk I still can taste it abut now depending what I eat. My jaw is still sore I guess it will be for a bit but I'm managing to eat okay. Yours sounds painful