Wisdom tooth extraction

I had a badly impacted one removed at charlie clifford a couple of years back. As the tooth was sat on the facial nerve my dentist would not go near it.

Here is a brief version (abridged?) of the affair.

Professor and two students. No I don't mind them "helping".

Pro, numb the tooth, cut the gum remove and sew up.

Me, great get going.

Pro, student one, cut the gum.

Pro, no, bigger cut, expose the tooth.

Pro, MMmm, might be a little awkward.

Pro, I will cut the head off the tooth. Then remove the root.

Me, to myself - oh bugger.

Pro, that's the head removed, oh the roots are loose, good.

Pro, I can remove the roots with my fingers they are that loose.

Me, to myself, thank goodness.

Pro, to student two. Get in there and sew it up.

Pro, No,no, no, another two stitches required.

Me to myself oh bugger.

Student, is that ok now, Pro - a good job.

Me, is that it done chaps.

Pro, yes all ok. I think the nerve will be fine.

Me, thank goodness.

By the time I had returned home the feeling had returned. Never had any problem with the healing, job done.

In conclusion. It's unpleasant to have it done, but it is absolutely and completely pain free. Never even had to take a pain killer of any description either.

Thanks to Charlie Clifford for a job well done.

Angel1.

Im hoping mine wont be that bad its not impacted wont need to be cut etc as the tooth is fully down

Im hoping mine wont be that bad its not impacted wont need to be cut etc as the tooth is fully down

You will be fine, if the tooth is exposed it will be like any extraction I would imagine. Just remember it may be a little unpleasant, but it WILL be painless I can guarantee that, good luck.

Angel1.

Oooooush! hate the dentist.... Good Luck!!!

This is obviously of no help but the sentiment of support is there all the same :hihi:

If you havent got an infection or abscess lurking about in your mouth then you'll be fine! Dont be afraid to tell the dentist of your concerns and anxiety.. A good dentist will be able to put you at ease.

To the OP...

I had four very impacted wisdom teeth out at the same time at Charles C a long long time ago.

Each one was buried in bone, so my jaw had to be dislocated, then gum peeled, a bone cutter user, and then the tooth sectioned and then removed.

Yes it sounds gruesome but I was awake the whole time, and I never felt any pain - no at all, just some tugging as they pulled bits out. The nerves to get at the wisdom teeth are big and easy to anesthetize - you wont have any issues with pain at all.

Afterwards if it's just one tooth then really you wont have any problems either. I was on soup for a couple of days and then soft stuff but that was more due to all the stitches than post extraction pain.

Had 3 out by injection. Never had any problems or pain.

I had a cracked one taken out, no real problems or pain either, just a horrible hole that you can't stop poking with your tongue!

Thanks will defo follow here advice I've only every had a molar it next to a wisdom tooth 8 years ago. I am worried about it but I'm also worried about eating after how long did it take you all to eat normally after ?

Best advise here is to totally stuff yourself just before having it pulled out, that way you won't need to eat until the next morning by which time the blot clot has had time to set in a little (it's super important it doesn't come out)

Obviously thats only for local anaesthetic, you're not supposed to eat before a general anaesthetic.

Hope yours goes as well as mine.

1. Sat in chair.

2. Dentist numbs me up.

3. Dentist gets my mouth ready

4. I ask, "Could you warn me before you start pulling it?"

5. Dentist "You mean, before I remove THIS tooth?" And shows me the tooth he's already pulled out!

It was a bit sort when the numbing wore off, but not bad at all. Good luck in the chair, we'll be rooting for you. (Sorry for the pun.) Let us know how it goes?

I had my removed in minutes with no pain.

My GF had more complicated one and she flew to clinic abroad to have hour long surgery.

Best advise here is to totally stuff yourself just before having it pulled out, that way you won't need to eat until the next morning by which time the blot clot has had time to set in a little (it's super important it doesn't come out)

Obviously thats only for local anaesthetic, you're not supposed to eat before a general anaesthetic.

I plan to have some porridge in the morning before i go i don't usually eat much in the morning but will have to try

---------- Post added 23-03-2016 at 20:07 ----------

I had my removed in minutes with no pain.

My GF had more complicated one and she flew to clinic abroad to have hour long surgery.

I hope mines not bad eek

---------- Post added 23-03-2016 at 20:08 ----------

Just chew on the opposite side for a while, you'll know when its right again, and honestly, don't worry it's nowhere near as bad as you think it's going to be. Lets us know how you get on :thumbsup:

I will let you know getting really nervous now

---------- Post added 23-03-2016 at 20:10 ----------

Hope yours goes as well as mine.

1. Sat in chair.

2. Dentist numbs me up.

3. Dentist gets my mouth ready

4. I ask, "Could you warn me before you start pulling it?"

5. Dentist "You mean, before I remove THIS tooth?" And shows me the tooth he's already pulled out!

It was a bit sort when the numbing wore off, but not bad at all. Good luck in the chair, we'll be rooting for you. (Sorry for the pun.) Let us know how it goes?

Will do I'm more worried ill start coughing on her i was going to postpone but they said can still do it with a cough its a lot better today but when you don't want to cough your throat always wants to

I've just been watching youtube videos on this and other procedures, it's quite interesting.

(I feel a bit sick though:hihi:)

I've just been watching youtube videos on this and other procedures, it's quite interesting.

(I feel a bit sick though:hihi:)

I saw one my accident on instgram made me feel sick...not long now erugh