Brussels airport bombing 22/03/2016

This is a pure result of unjustified invasions, occupations, bombings, drone strikes and deadly sanctions on innocent people , ISIL is a product of injustice.

If you want to finish ISIL, finish injustice from this world , ask supper powers to stop stealing resources of others.

Evil acts can only produce evil results...

Most victims of ISIS are Muslim anyway so those who bark on about 'motivated by religion/book to kill non believers' have no idea what they are talking about.

Let us not forget the hundreds of thousands killed from secularist wars by the West which has destroyed Iraq/Syria/Afghanistan/Libya- left it all distabalized and then we cry foul when these attacks happen close to home.

So why do these Islamic nutjobs all shout Ally Ackbar ( or whatever it is ) before they blow themselves up ?

They do it in the name of religion , they do it in the name of Islam

This is a pure result of unjustified invasions, occupations, bombings, drone strikes and deadly sanctions on innocent people , ISIL is a product of injustice.

If you want to finish ISIL, finish injustice from this world , ask supper powers to stop stealing resources of others.

Evil acts can only produce evil results...

Most victims of ISIS are Muslim anyway so those who bark on about 'motivated by religion/book to kill non believers' have no idea what they are talking about.

Let us not forget the hundreds of thousands killed from secularist wars by the West which has destroyed Iraq/Syria/Afghanistan/Libya- left it all distabalized and then we cry foul when these attacks happen close to home.

The west is a very minor player in Syria. So then according to your logic why don't suicide bombers target civilians in Moscow (the Russians have dropped huge amounts of ordnance on civilian targets - allegedly on purpose, not as collateral damage) or Tehran (who have sent substantial boots on the ground to support the Syrian regime)? Does Belgium even have any military involvement in the Syrian war at all?

Edited by nightrider

I read an isis leader say one of their goals was to create enclaves in each European country in which the security services would be unable to operate from which to launch their attacks. being second hand info, I dunno how accurate it is but I'm sure the intelligence services know about any such plans.

---------- Post added 23-03-2016 at 11:08 ----------

The west is a very minor player in Syria. So then according to your logic why don't suicide bombers target civilians in Moscow (the Russians have dropped huge amounts of ordnance on civilian targets - allegedly on purpose, not as collateral damage) or Tehran (who have sent substantial boots on the ground to support the Syrian regime)? Does Belgium even have any military involvement in the Syrian war at all?

he's probably been listing to a Salafist **** stirring cleric.

No but it does have NATOs hq there - although I suspect they did Belgium because it was easier than other targets.

Russia has suffered terribly at the hands on Islamic terrorism, mainly in Cechnya and Dagestan.

With regards to Belgium, it houses the seat of the EU, so is a very symbolic target. Moreover, because it hasn't had a historical problem with terrorism like a lot of Europe has (IRA in Britain, separatists in Spain, Islamist terrorism in France etc), Belgium is a relatively soft target.

Looking back to the 1930. Fascism was quite popular. Not all fascists shared Hitlers ideology. But Hitler destroyed the reputation of Fascism to the point where no one but extremists now want to be associated with it. Could Islam have been hijacked by the violent nutjobs and is heading the same way?

Russia has suffered terribly at the hands on Islamic terrorism, mainly in Cechnya and Dagestan.

Historically yes, but not currently as far as I know. And the historically part was nothing to do with ISIS or Syria.

Historically yes, but not currently as far as I know. And the historically part was nothing to do with ISIS or Syria.
ISIS top cadre has included, and continues to include, a lot of Chechens.

As regards "currently"...might I remind you about this?

On 29 January 2016 Reuters reported, from an unnamed source, that a mechanic had been detained and was suspected of planting a bomb, which he had been given by his cousin, who was a member of ISIS. Two policemen and a baggage-handler were suspected of helping the mechanic.
Russia's got plenty of skin in that game alright.

EDIT: unconfirmed reports that they've nabbed the 3rd terrorist from the airport in Anderlecht

Edited by L00b

Not all fascists shared Hitlers ideology. But Hitler destroyed the reputation of Fascism to the point where no one but extremists now want to be associated with it.

Amazingly naïve quote of the week award. Even if you discount the mass murder and war you're still left with a totalitarian dictatorship. I'd love to see your example of non-extremist fascism.

---------- Post added 23-03-2016 at 16:01 ----------

Ok LeMaquis let me try and approach you from your side of the fence, what would you do to stop Islamic terrorism on British soil by foreign and homegrown terrorists and also stop the same happening in other European countries?

I put in an earlier post that the fight against them should be based on security, intelligence and military measures. Immigration measures demanded on here and elsewhere are just cheap knee-jerk responses from the kind of people who blame traffic jams on the M4 on immigration.

Amazingly naïve quote of the week award. Even if you discount the mass murder and war you're still left with a totalitarian dictatorship. I'd love to see your example of non-extremist fascism.

To be fair, the same can be said of communism. Neither facism or communism are inherently genocidal or allow state abuse, but almost every example we could give has those characteristics.

Cuba would be decent example of communism not being anything like Soviet Russia and I'm struggling to find any post-WW2 examples on racism anywhere in the world...ah, perhaps Spain until the 1970s? They weren't particularly murderous after WW2...maybe not the best example.

I'd love to see your example of non-extremist fascism.
I think Franco's regime answers that definition :|

ISIS top cadre has included, and continues to include, a lot of Chechens.

As regards "currently"...might I remind you about this?

Yes, fair point. I think my point still stands to some extent though - why are they not sending cells to moscow or tehran, but they are sending them to European capitals? It seems odd to me. Maybe its just Europe is a much easier target to access?