Brussels airport bombing 22/03/2016

Fair point. So how much more do you want to spend? How much more do you want to be under surveillance?

That's quite tricky to answer isn't it, and I agree that a greater level of general surveillance would be bad. Enough to allow everyone who is currently on the "of concern" list to be monitored well. Couldn't tell you what the price tag is but would suspect it's considerably under £20bn.

Disappointing. It's not like you to resort to circular rethoric :huh:

I didn't, I made statement, you disagree with it and I stand by it, the children of immigrants are definitely the children of immigrant.

Are you aware of how long people have been practicing Islam in the UK?

Yes.

Come now, I'm probably just as sensitive to the issue of mass migration and the political dimension of proselyte Islam as you are. But the above smacks of xenophobic broad-brushing and demeans that particular debate, and you.

:huh:

xenophobia: Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries:

Nope that doesn't fit the bill, I don't dislike people from other countries and I'm not prejudiced against people from other countries.

Its not irrational to dislike Islam or oppose its expansion into Britain or the rest of Europe, its also not irrational to oppose over population, both are sensible, rational and logical.

The debate is going to go on, whether you like it or not, until the problems emanating from Muslim communities are addressed. And if solutions are not forthcoming then, as Blair predicts, people are going to choose a hardline response because they have had enough of the 'flabby liberalism' that has given us this.

I never thought I'd see the day when I was agreeing with Tony Blair, but he's right on this point.

Selective immigration is a policy used in Australia which by the way happens to have a higher ratio of foreigners than we have.

contributing to their economy no doubt not like the lot wanting to come here :roll:

Denial of responsibility and blaming the West will not help Muslims living in the West. People are fed up with your religion and unless Muslims do something to reform it, and stop the extremism that emanates from your communities, there is going to be a backlash. You can see attitudes are hardening with the far-right surging across Europe and Trump in America. Every atrocity pushes more people towards embracing more radical political solutions and the most angry into acts of violence.

Don't listen to the likes of Halibut who do you a disservice... you need to wake up to the threat and act.

There is no denial of responsibility. Muslims in general are not responsible for the actions of individuals who share the same faith. For you to claim otherwise is fascist.

It seems to me like you are threatening Western Muslims?

What do you mean by act now? What do you want Muslim citizens of the west to do?

Denial of responsibility and blaming Islam will not help. Western Politicians have played a big part in the destruction of the Middle East and the formation of groups like ISIS.

Western politicians killed and displaced millions of Muslims in Iraq for no reason. Name me a single Muslim politician, nation or terrorist group which has done anything close to that in the Western world? Unprovoked bombing and invasion of a sovereign country based on lies is terrorism not war. The politicians did it in the name of freedom and democracy. Should all who believe in freedom and democracy be blamed?

Selective immigration will help reduce terrorism even if it obviously wouldn't stop it entirely. It will end mass migration that has such a negative impact on the nation's coffers, NHS, schools and other public services. It will create a 'pro' (positive financial contribution) whilst reducing the con's. It will make immigration work for the natives and not just the immigrants (and big business). It will restore tolerance.

What are your objections to it?

---------- Post added 23-03-2016 at 17:44 ----------

Denial of responsibility and blaming the West will not help Muslims living in the West. People are fed up with your religion and unless Muslims do something to reform it, and stop the extremism that emanates from your communities, there is going to be a backlash. You can see attitudes are hardening with the far-right surging across Europe and Trump in America. Every atrocity pushes more people towards embracing more radical political solutions and the most angry into acts of violence.

Don't listen to the likes of Halibut who do you a disservice... you need to wake up to the threat and act.

My bold=

Stop chucking threats about anonymously from behind a keyboard! :rant:

There is no denial of responsibility. Muslims in general are not responsible for the actions of individuals who share the same faith. For you to claim otherwise is fascist.

They use the Koran and the actions of Muhammad to justify their actions, therefore anyone spreading the words of Islam is responsible.

It seems to me like you are threatening Western Muslims?

Predicting someone that is likely to happen in the future is not a threat.

Denial of responsibility and blaming Islam will not help. Western Politicians have played a big part in the destruction of the Middle East and the formation of groups like ISIS.

Denial of responsibility and blaming the west will just perpetuate the violence.

Western politicians killed and displaced millions of Muslims in Iraq for no reason. Name me a single Muslim politician, nation or terrorist group which has done anything close to that in the Western world? Unprovoked bombing and invasion of a sovereign country based on lies is terrorism not war. The politicians did it in the name of freedom and democracy. Should all who believe in freedom and democracy be blamed?

Remind us again who which peaceful Islamic countries were under attack from the West when Muslims attacked the twin Towers.

I didn't, I made statement, you disagree with it and I stand by it, the children of immigrants are definitely the children of immigrant.
I think you missed a bit out of your statement:

The children of immigrants born in the UK are British. They are not immigrants[/b]
I agree, they are the children of immigrants, and they wouldn't be British if their parents hadn't immigrated to the UK.

it is not an imported problem. It is a domestic problem.
It is an imported problem because their parents imported the ideology, Islam isn't a domestic problem, it is an imported problem brought in by immigrants.
Are you aware of how long people have been practicing Islam in the UK?
Yes.
So why are you arguing like it's a recent issue going back only a generation or two:

It is an imported problem because their parents imported the ideology, Islam isn't a domestic problem, it is an imported problem brought in by immigrants.
?

xenophobia: Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries:

Nope that doesn't fit the bill, I don't dislike people from other countries and I'm not prejudiced against people from other countries.

So why are you prejudiced against their British-born kids? :huh:

Its not irrational to dislike Islam or oppose its expansion into Britain or the rest of Europe, its also not irrational to oppose over population, both are sensible, rational and logical.
Where your logic falls on its a55 is when you link both semi-exclusively. Like in the above posts of yours.

Do you really think you're fooling anyone? Bless :hihi:

Edited by L00b

What we must remember, is that these people are willing to kill themselves to kill YOU !

How can you ever combat, or beat that ?

What we must remember, is that these people are willing to kill themselves to kill YOU !

How can you ever combat, or beat that ?

Imagine what it would take to make kill yourself for a cause. Not a person, most of us would probably consider dying for a loved one, but a cause, a belief. Once we can work out what's causing that perhaps we can actually get to the root of the problem. Everything else is dealing with the symptoms. Not saying we should stop dealing with those as clearly we can't just do nothing until we can fix the minds of people remotely by drone!

I think you missed a bit out of your statement:

I didn't miss it out, the fact you quoted it is proof that I didn't miss it out.

So why are you arguing like it's a recent issue going back only a generation or two:
Because it is a recent issue.

?
It speaks for its self, kids are more often than not the result of the upbringing and their parents are the main part of that upbringing.

So why are you prejudiced against their British-born kids? :huh:

Where your logic falls on its a55 is when you link both semi-exclusively. Like in the above posts of yours.

I'm not.

Do you really think you're fooling anyone? Bless :hihi:

You obviously don't have an issue with overpopulation or the expansion of Islam in UK and Europe, the reality though is that millions of people do have an issue with both.

---------- Post added 24-03-2016 at 09:35 ----------

Imagine what it would take to make kill yourself for a cause. Not a person, most of us would probably consider dying for a loved one, but a cause, a belief. Once we can work out what's causing that perhaps we can actually get to the root of the problem. Everything else is dealing with the symptoms. Not saying we should stop dealing with those as clearly we can't just do nothing until we can fix the minds of people remotely by drone!

We know what's causing it, faith in God and the belief that the Koran is the word of God.