Visit To Crystal Peaks!!

Sadly there's no good looking men there either. What ARE we to do?:help:

Except for the dishy police officer with the tattoos that walks round the place, very nice

I was walking through peaks yesterday as my daughter had won an Easter Egg competition with the EE store there. As I was walking along I got a bit stuck behind a middle aged couple, as I performed a safe overtaking manoeuvre the lady from the couple turned and coughed right in my face without covering her mouth. VILE!!!

I,m 5ft 10 and built like an outside toilet!.

the chance of seeing an attractive good looking woman being virtually zero!.

I imagine they're all running screaming in the opposite direction.

Nobody has mentioned the crowd that stand in the doorway of the bus station entrance smoking roll ups. Classy!!!

First thing Monday morning is a classic where they all stand outside the market entrance waiting for the roller shutters to be raised ... one of the stall holders told me some of them crawl underneath it whilst it is three quarter closed to get to the post office ... which makes me think, does the Post Office run out of pension money by late Monday morning?

I was walking through peaks yesterday as my daughter had won an Easter Egg competition with the EE store there. As I was walking along I got a bit stuck behind a middle aged couple, as I performed a safe overtaking manoeuvre the lady from the couple turned and coughed right in my face without covering her mouth. VILE!!!

The Crystal Peaks kiss.

Nobody has mentioned the crowd that stand in the doorway of the bus station entrance smoking roll ups. Classy!!!

First thing Monday morning is a classic where they all stand outside the market entrance waiting for the roller shutters to be raised ... one of the stall holders told me some of them crawl underneath it whilst it is three quarter closed to get to the post office ... which makes me think, does the Post Office run out of pension money by late Monday morning?

:suspect:

I'm wondering if this could possibly be one of the very few recorded sightings of members of the elusive Monday morning over 65's formation limbo team, who allegedly gather outside post offices around Sheffield to practice their line dancing routines before picking up their pensions... :huh:

I'm changing my payment method from Bank to Post Office asap, i didn't realise I am missing all the fun, thanks for the heads up.

:suspect:

I'm wondering if this could possibly be one of the very few recorded sightings of members of the elusive Monday morning over 65's formation limbo team, who allegedly gather outside post offices around Sheffield to practice their line dancing routines before picking up their pensions... :huh:

Ah, that explains it ... Line Dancing ... I imagined it was the old Sheffield custom of the 'Sausage Roll Dance'

I was there the other day and three very large ladies were stood in the middle of the alleyway and this man said excuse me ladies can I come through and one of the oversized ladies said "can`t you walk round" to which he replied" I don`t think I have enough shoe leather to do that".I fell about laughing.

That is hilarious! I like Crystal Peaks though, can't help it but I do. I live in Chesterfield now but if I need to get quite a few things, I'll pop over to CP to get them . It's free parking, decent choice of shops for what I need and it's quite near my parents' house, so I can call on them for a while afterwards. Sometimes it's just nice to be somewhere that isn't pretentious with some good old Sheffielders saying 'love' to me and somewhere I can say 'love' to someone and not feel like a outsider lol! By the way, I'm not one of those 'big girls' described, I'm slim. You see, not all women that visit CP are overweight you know!

This thread has made me laugh so much! I'm going to add my two-pennorth!

I'm one of those fat ladies who walk about in black leggings - but I don't care cos they are SO comfy!

I sit on the wooden benches to rest my arthritic bones and eat..... Fruit! Or have a drink of water. I certainly don't walk about eating cos I have always got my hands full of shopping.

I love sausage rolls, pies and crappy food, but don't eat them ...... Because I'm a fat person in leggings! (And trying not to be).

This thread has made me laugh so much! I'm going to add my two-pennorth!

I'm one of those fat ladies who walk about in black leggings - but I don't care cos they are SO comfy!

I sit on the wooden benches to rest my arthritic bones and eat..... Fruit! Or have a drink of water. I certainly don't walk about eating cos I have always got my hands full of shopping.

I love sausage rolls, pies and crappy food, but don't eat them ...... Because I'm a fat person in leggings! (And trying not to be).

Oh love you don't have to carry shopping, just pick up a trolley doesn't matter which shop and push it around wherever you want to go. You will be Queen of the walkways and aisles if you study the various techniques used to gain and maintain control over any other poor sap who you feel may be about to get in

your way. A particular CP favourite is the ankle cracker, manys the time I have almost been brought to tears by this painful reminder that I'm in somebodies way and to shift myself. The lifts are available if you want to ensure that as few people as possible can use them, then you must take up as much space as possible and if there's anyone stupid enough to think that the trolley can be manuvered to accomodate them then you can give them the ever popular "can't you see its full, you'll have to wait". To finish off your shopping experience don't forget to fasten your trolley the wrong way so that nobody else is able attach theirs and get their £1 back, making sure they have to walk to the next trolley parking space.