Visit To Crystal Peaks!!

That is hilarious! I like Crystal Peaks though, can't help it but I do. I live in Chesterfield now but if I need to get quite a few things, I'll pop over to CP to get them . It's free parking, decent choice of shops for what I need and it's quite near my parents' house, so I can call on them for a while afterwards. Sometimes it's just nice to be somewhere that isn't pretentious with some good old Sheffielders saying 'love' to me and somewhere I can say 'love' to someone and not feel like a outsider lol! By the way, I'm not one of those 'big girls' described, I'm slim. You see, not all women that visit CP are overweight you know!

If you are living in Chesterfield, you should be saying "duck" not "love";)

Every time I've gone in there recently it's gotten worse and worse, there's more businesses closing each year and the offering is nothing special, back of the mall facing the petrol station has had the same vacant units for years and it's pretty uninspiring walking round looking for gifts when it's like a Scooby Doo ghost town, Blue Inc closed months ago, I've heard Starbucks are moving in, Blockbuster unit has been empty for yonks now as well

Every time I've gone in there recently it's gotten worse and worse, there's more businesses closing each year and the offering is nothing special, back of the mall facing the petrol station has had the same vacant units for years and it's pretty uninspiring walking round looking for gifts when it's like a Scooby Doo ghost town, Blue Inc closed months ago, I've heard Starbucks are moving in, Blockbuster unit has been empty for yonks now as well

Would that be the Blockbuster unit that's been a Dominos Pizza since December? :rolleyes:

Would that be the Blockbuster unit that's been a Dominos Pizza since December? :rolleyes:

Only the corner section is, two thirds are still empty

Only the corner section is, two thirds are still empty

It's not really a prime spot though - most stores will want to be inside the centre itself. They had a similar problem with the M&S unit - it was empty for years because no store wanted a unit that large without entrance via the malls, and as a result I wouldn't be surprised if M&S have got it dirt cheap. It would have been far more attractive if they had built an entrance/exit path in the main shopping mall.

I wouldn't say Crystal Peaks is particularly empty but over the years some of the better stores have been replaced with discount/unknown brands. It's either for you or it isn't - I still find it handy for Wilkos/Burton/Sainsbury's and the stores on the retail park but if I need anything other than that I go to Meadowhall.

I had to go to crystal peaks today. I had to chuckle while walking around thinking of these comments.

I was having a coffee at Crystal Peak's Library and asked about getting a taxi to pick me up outside. The guy said I would be OK as long as I didn't book City Cabs as they aren't allowed in!

What's all that about?

I was having a coffee at Crystal Peak's Library and asked about getting a taxi to pick me up outside. The guy said I would be OK as long as I didn't book City Cabs as they aren't allowed in!

What's all that about?

Maybe they aint been taking the library books back.

I had to take my present wife on an unavoidable visit to my second favourite shopping experience after Meadowhell Crystal Peaks!.After circling the car park for 10 minutes we found a space to park up,and we headed for the entrance where it was inundated with lots of wrinkly things on sticks,pensioners I think they call them!.They were everywhere wandering about aimlessly stopping at random every few minutes blocking your path getting in your way blocking doorways,none of them with no intention of spending any money,just there to get a warm!.Then my next moan is that in my old age I think I,m turning invisible because no matter what direction I take someone walks straight at me even though I,m 5ft 10 and built like an outside toilet!.My last observation is how many grotesque obese young women there are nowadays always dressed in Max Wall tights and frilly tutus with arms like legs,the chance of seeing an attractive good looking woman being virtually zero!.Well that's it another rant off my chest,just call me picky but things have gone down the pan since I was younger or maybe I,m just a grumpy old man,comments anybody??.

Do you have a different wife at weekends or one for every day of the week? :o

This thread is great, Alcoblog where are you?

Edited by Norseman

Do you have a different wife at weekends or one for every day of the week? :o

This thread is great, Alcoblog where are you?

Eeez at Peaks looking for live Anchovies to feed the Hillsbro tree Penguins he nicked to please his granny,(who likes Penguins) whose weshing prop he purloined, (but got found oot), and propped up in Stanedge, (to much fanfare).

Oh, and i've heard he eats human flesh.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

I imagine they're all running screaming in the opposite direction.

Hey hold on a minute Dannyno I,ve got feelings you know,although most of them are below waist level!.:heyhey::banana: