Cardigans and jumpers back to front at Lacarno

In the early sixties at the Lacarno on London Road the fashion was for the lasses to wear their cardigans back to front and the lads to turn their V necks around to make a crew neck .

Did you.?

Part of Sheffield fashion history along with hoola hoop skirts and drainpipes.

My mrs ses that lads used to undo the cardi buttons while sat behind the lasses ont bus.

Edited by samssong

I wore my cardigans like that in the early 60's and that fashion had a short resurgence in the 80's, I worked on a stall in the Sheaf Market selling ladies jumpers and for a little while we couldn't get enough of them to fill the demand.

No lad ever undid my cardi but they did seem to enjoy watching me go upstairs on the bus wearing my hooped skirt. :)

I worked on a stall in the Sheaf Market selling ladies jumpers and for a little while we couldn't get enough of them to fill the demand.

lol when i read that bit i thought you were going to say you sold backwards cardigans Oo

lol when i read that bit i thought you were going to say you sold backwards cardigans Oo

Why was is that young lads could open all kinds of fasteners on ladies clothing with one hand, while the ladies themselves always need two? :)

Back to front and with a bow with long ends on the top button as well.....

I worked in the telephone exchange in Pond Street in the late 1958's and the supervisors told the operators not to wear their cardigans back to front. Seems the buttons were tempting to the engineers.:o