Change to Direct Debit "name" - Council Tax - legit?

Hello all.

Recently moved home so had to redo / sort out the Council Tax and so on.

All sorted now.. but I've noticed a change and wanted to check if it's legit (calling the council themselves would seem the quickest way.. but whatever option(s) I choose on their automated system, I always end up speaking to Mrs. RoboCop or Metal Mickey - a human being seemingly hard to come by...).

So yeah... *previously* the direct debit was setup with a label/name on my online banking of:

"SHEFFIELD CC"

*now* however, that one is still there (unclaimed since January, which is right) - but now there's a new entry, labelled / named as:

"SCC-COLLECT".

That one *has* been collected - but just making sure that all is well and that others on here have seen one or both of these as the "official" direct debit name/label for council tax?

Cheers,

John.

Mine currently says "SHEFFIELD CC CTAX", I am sure it is legit, will just be a change of name.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll wait to see if anyone (else) had their's as "SCC-COLLECT" before I put this one to bed though (your one seems to be same as my old one [albeit mine cut short after "CC"]) - thanks again. John.

mine is just Sheffield CC.

Mine says Sheffield CC Ctax. If it's bothering you it's definitely worth a call to put your mind at rest. Isn't there an option to pay a bill or anything like that when you call them....I generally find companies are quick to answer calls for people paying them for things, but not so quick on the refunds, complaints, cancellation options.

You could call your bank but if it's like mine, the waiting time to get through to speak to a human will be in excess of 10 minutes.

Pop into your local area office and get it checked out.

It's definitely worth checking asap.