Pubs in parson cross-share your memories

what experiences can you remember of pubs/wmc`s in parson cross?

let us know.

cost/how full/what music etc

Magnet on border of cross but you could buy anything in there on Saturday afternoon lol nude nudge

We have lived here 3 years and still have not found anywhere to drink that isn't full of kids or drunks. Or that the regulars don't start sizing you up as soon as you walk in. We tend to go down Ecclesfield or to Grenoside if we fancy going out.

Was brought up 150 yds from the Magnet in the 60s and to be honest can never recall a decent pub in the area.

Iv only ever been in the Pheasant once it was ok. As far as I know its still boarded up.

what experiences can you remember of pubs/wmc`s in parson cross?

let us know.

cost/how full/what music etc

Used the Huntsman for a number of years regular faces for years Mick and Sue pinder ran it a good friendly pub but did have its share of fights among the clientele lol

Had some odds nights in Colley Rd Club, loved the bingo and turns wern't bad

either and enjoyed the beer. Wadsley Bridge was a better club though.

Wordsworth Tavern not the one that stands there now but the flat roofed prefabricated grey coloured one that was flattened I think in the late sixties. As I youngster every Sunday I was always sent by my mam to the tavern off sales with a Tizer bottle to get her a pint of Dinner Ale whatever that is. They used to have a big brass or copper funnel to pour the pint into the bottle, and mam used to drink it while cooking the Sunday Dinner "Dad was usually in the Beagle" until the clock struck 2pm and then dads Yorkshire pub was on the plate waiting for him. Christ I wish my missis would do that for me.