Adult horse riding lessons?

I adore horses but know very little about them. As a kid I always wanted riding lessons but we could never afford it.

I'd love to learn more about these beautiful animals and would love to Learn to ride!

Does anyone provide this service and is it still really expensive?

Thanks in advance :)

A mate went years ago somewhere in Mayfield valley. He had to go in with the beginners class. He said it was like being in a Thelwell cartoon :D. He never went back.

where are you xx

I'm in Walkley

---------- Post added 18-03-2016 at 06:50 ----------

A mate went years ago somewhere in Mayfield valley. He had to go in with the beginners class. He said it was like being in a Thelwell cartoon :D. He never went back.

:o:o:o:hihi::hihi::hihi: I imagine I may have to tolerate a class of 4 year olds as I really know nothing!

White acres farm on spout lane in Stannington do them afaik

Riding stables can teach you to ride but they are generally poor at teaching you how to handle, groom and tack horses, how they think, their body language etc etc

It depends what you want really, whether it's more about the riding, or more about the being around them and developing a relationship with them

Hi id be happy to help you learn for free?

---------- Post added 10-06-2016 at 21:41 ----------

We've 9 fabulous horses and ponies here, I teach, coach a team of youngsters, compete at all levels and have nearly four decades and a few thousand horses behind me now.... Let me know if I can help anyway

What weight are you?

My daughter goes to Cowley (which is very well run) and learns some horse care as well as riding - they take adults but (I think) an 11stone limit

I'd be interested in this too if anyone can help? I did a few lessons when I was in school but had to give up due to money problems :(

Hi id be happy to help you learn for free?

---------- Post added 10-06-2016 at 21:41 ----------

We've 9 fabulous horses and ponies here, I teach, coach a team of youngsters, compete at all levels and have nearly four decades and a few thousand horses behind me now.... Let me know if I can help anyway ��

Really Ponybabes? That's so generous of you! Whereabouts are you? X