Car hit by lorry or bus Malin Bridge

Parked outside local shop on the Malin Bridge one way system in a parking bay last night just after 7pm came out after less than five minutes to find either a lorry or bus had scrapped down the passenger side denting both doors and front wing. Know it was a lorry or bus as the black tyre marks are so high up the doors.

Of course the driver did not stop.

Hope the <Removed> was seen and reported.

Edited by nikki-red

Sorry to hear this mate. A pretty standard question here but have you checked around for any CCTV?

To be honest its a bloody nightmare all round there .A few months ago my Mrs was going through here ,or down the part in the road that splits allowing you to proceed to Hillsbro or join the one way to Rivelin ,Stannington,Loxley.

A car nudged out and caused her to avoid the collision,but she thought that she may have hit another car as she saw a wing mirror go flying over the road.Being the person she is she left a message on the car screen .Needless to say the car owner got back to her with an inflated price for repair.I felt there was something not right and so I went to inspect the car.I collected the wing miorror from 40 ft away ,notice a crease on driver and rear door,and chrome strip missing .Now his car was parked on the road and path.Now my Mrs drives a white Audi A1 and there was no damage to her car,no scuffs ,no marks nothing .The owner saw me looking and got arsey which I do not take kindly to when all I had done was smile and introduce my Mrs and I .

I explained that it was physically impossible to have done the amount of damage without any damage to hers .He wouldnt have it ,all he would say was that she left a note and now she has to pay,but not before he told us that the missing chrome strip had occured previously.

The point is that even if you try to be honest in this area ,there is a possibility that some one may take advantage of you being truthfull

Reported to the police I assume?

It only gets reported to police if someone was injured at the scene or you did not give details.otherwise it's all sorted through insurance.

The car that my Mrs allegedly hit was stationary parked partly on the road and partly path .So not necessary to call anyone.The annoying thing is it was impossible for her to have done any damage ,and cos she felt that she had done the right thing be leaving him a note ,the bloody insurance took the common stand of economy .Pointless any action as cost would be more than cost of damage to vehicle.

PS No damage at all to Mrs car so no claim made to rectify.

The car that my Mrs allegedly hit was stationary parked partly on the road and partly path .So not necessary to call anyone.The annoying thing is it was impossible for her to have done any damage ,and cos she felt that she had done the right thing be leaving him a note ,the bloody insurance took the common stand of economy .Pointless any action as cost would be more than cost of damage to vehicle.

PS No damage at all to Mrs car so no claim made to rectify.

Wow how wrong is this whole scenario ?

People dont care 1 bit about the next person in my opinion, lack respect, sence of reasoning and in these circumstances dont care as long as someone pays guilty or not.

When im driving i hang back nice and steady, dont you think that prople like to think they have gained on you, got one over you type thing ?

I really feel like people play a game especially in rush hour traffic, cat and mouse ??? Crazy if you ask me !!!

I use this area frequently and to be honest the way it is set out is open to something happening.

When I spoke to the guy whos car had been damaged just was not interested in what I had to say.All I asked was that he think about the damage and how it happened.All I got from him was that a note had been left admitting liability and that his partner previously was an insurance underwriter.Even so ,I asked then to explain that there was no damage to my Mrs`car,this question was also posed to insurance company.Personally whether you live there or not there should be no parking and double yellows stuck there .:rant: