Child maintenance help..

I split from my ex over 2 years ago and pay child maintenance.

Now I'm having to pay til she is 20 :o my older children I paid til they was 18.

Ok my question is this: her birthday is in September (as she was one of the oldest in her year) she is now 17, and apparently September is the month when child tax stops when she's 20.

So do I pay til she's 20 or 21?

Also she is at college part time and works around 20-24 hrs a week. I told child maintenance and I got a sarcastic remark saying "so" :rant: I hate talking to them.

Thanks.

You will probably have to pay for as long as your child is in further education which can be 19-21 in some cases. Usually for as long as child benefit is collected. Speak to CAB for advice.

I split from my ex over 2 years ago and pay child maintenance.

Now I'm having to pay til she is 20 :o my older children I paid til they was 18.

Ok my question is this: her birthday is in September (as she was one of the oldest in her year) she is now 17, and apparently September is the month when child tax stops when she's 20.

So do I pay til she's 20 or 21?

Also she is at college part time and works around 20-24 hrs a week. I told child maintenance and I got a sarcastic remark saying "so" :rant: I hate talking to them.

Thanks.

The CSA is a bunch of scumbags who operate outside of the law even thumbing their noses at the courts.

I wouldn't pee on them if their were on fire.

The CSA is a bunch of scumbags who operate outside of the law even thumbing their noses at the courts.

I wouldn't pee on them if their were on fire.

Their website clearly says parents can agree maintenance without resorting to lawyers, courts or the CSA. If everyone took joint fiscal responsibility for their child, the CSA would never have been needed in the first place.

Their website clearly says parents can agree maintenance without resorting to lawyers, courts or the CSA. If everyone took joint fiscal responsibility for their child, the CSA would never have been needed in the first place.

Wrong. The CSA gets involved if a woman has a child and claims out of work benefits while caring for the child. The CSA's job in these situations is to claw back the money she is claiming from the father to pay back the government.

Wrong. The CSA gets involved if a woman has a child and claims out of work benefits while caring for the child. The CSA's job in these situations is to claw back the money she is claiming from the father to pay back the government.

The Child Support Agency (CSA) is closing.

http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/content/969/Changes-to-child-maintenance

The CSA also gets involved if the resident parent has tried all means possible to amicably agree a fair amount of financial contribution to the cost of raising a child. This being a last resort where deduction from earnings is the only way to get any contribution at all from the absent father/mother

The resident parent can be on benefits/in work/self employed it is used regardless of employment status.

The CSA is not closing. Its changing its name but it is losing none of its powers.

---------- Post added 16-03-2016 at 11:21 ----------

The CSA also gets involved if the resident parent has tried all means possible to amicably agree a fair amount of financial contribution to the cost of raising a child. This being a last resort where deduction from earnings is the only way to get any contribution at all from the absent father/mother

The resident parent can be on benefits/in work/self employed it is used regardless of employment status.

That is true, but the fact the CSA are judge jury and executioner is the problem with them. they have too much power and can get away with anything. They are beholden to no regulatory body.

The CSA destroyed my already difficult relationship with my ex. The women who threw me out, stole £3500 off me and shacked up with a new bloke 48 hours later. They called her, told her I was refusing to pay anything and then proceeded to tell her my full PAYE information. I was not refusing, in fact I was paying but the CSA made a mistake and the money was going into the wrong bank account. My Ex refused to let me see my son after this, refusing to accept my side fo the story. I wrote to the CSA demanding they apologise and notify my ex of their mistake. They ignored me. I never saw my son again!

The CSA are liers and thieves who abuse their position and destroy lives. They get away with it because they can do this to the one last group that has no protection, Men.

Thanks for your replies.

I don't mind paying for my child, and my ex never asked for money she just ran to child maintenance.

We could have sorted something out, but I'm glad she did because I don't pay as much as I would have given her :hihi: when the woman from child support rung she was telling me how much I have to pay each month and there charges, hold on I ain't paying you sod all, if she wants my money I pay her directly into her account.

Or I will just give up work as I hate the job anyway (she was very nice after that lol) wonder how many have packed in work for this?

---------- Post added 17-03-2016 at 08:52 ----------

I payed under the old csa for my other children but now it's cms.

The CSA is not closing. Its changing its name but it is losing none of its powers.

That is true, but the fact the CSA are judge jury and executioner is the problem with them. they have too much power and can get away with anything. They are beholden to no regulatory body.

The CSA destroyed my already difficult relationship with my ex. The women who threw me out, stole £3500 off me and shacked up with a new bloke 48 hours later. They called her, told her I was refusing to pay anything and then proceeded to tell her my full PAYE information. I was not refusing, in fact I was paying but the CSA made a mistake and the money was going into the wrong bank account. My Ex refused to let me see my son after this, refusing to accept my side fo the story. I wrote to the CSA demanding they apologise and notify my ex of their mistake. They ignored me. I never saw my son again!

The CSA are liers and thieves who abuse their position and destroy lives. They get away with it because they can do this to the one last group that has no protection, Men.

I don't think your telling us all the truth here regardless of what she has allegedly done prior to shacking up with her new bloke (stealing from you ) no proof. after your ex refused you to let you see your son did you apply to the courts for parental responsibility ? remember theres 2 sides to a story and we only hearing yours :suspect:

Thats ironic because the three people i know who have had involvement with CSA & maintenance hold the same view - regarding the person not paying maintenance.

Its a difficult balancing act for anyone which is why i think it should be dealt with on black and white facts.

The csa aren't responsible for marital issues or accusations and none of them should have any bearing on the payment of maintenance imho. I don't dispute you've had issues but the place to sort out theft and visitation is a solicitor.