Iced Finger (Sally Lunn)

I don't know why, but I've seriously been craving an iced finger - The thing is, I can't seem to find a proper Sheffield one anywhere! :loopy:

Greggs and the like have a bread finger with icing on top - I don't know what that is, but it isn't an iced finger :gag:

I'm talking the glazed/sweet bread with currents and raisins with icing on top. They used to be called Sally Lunns - Does anyone know where you can still get these? :love:

Roses the bakers do a very nice Iced Finger. They have shops at Ecclesall Road, Crosspool and Millhouses. They also sell their produce through other shops.

They are a decent size and very very tasty.

I think that little bakers next to Sainsburys on Sharrowvale Road do them!

There is a Sally Lunns shop/bakery/cafe sort of place (or there was) in Bath....too far to go for your currant (see what I did there..currant instead of current....poor when you have to explain your joke, I know)) craving and possibly useless info, unless of course they do an express online delivery service lol.

I love a nice elephant's foot - however the only ones you can find nowadays have that horrid synthetic cream in :gag:

I think that little bakers next to Sainsburys on Sharrowvale Road do them!

where abouts on sharrow vale road is sainsburys?

where abouts on sharrow vale road is sainsburys?

Sorry.....i meant Nether Edge

Sheldon Road

Now, we used to call these iced buns. :loopy:

Roses! Why didn't I think of that!? It's only around the corner from me too.

Same for Turners on Sheldon Road (surprisingly I drive that road at least once a week and never realised that's where it was).

I've just been to Lily's on Penistone Road but they didn't have any, I would have put them in the same category as Turners and Roses.

Thanks for the heads up guys, I'll try Roses tomorrow.

Northern general W.R.V.S inside main entrance do them, very yummy :D

Sally Lunn is so much nicer than a boring iced finger! It has an almond paste stuffed under the top iced crust and is full of raisins, iced fingers are really horrible in comparison. I've not seen Sally Lunn for sale for ages, they do still do it in some the bakeries in Manchester but not come across it in Sheffield.