Flat roof replacement cost

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost to replace a flat roof(new boards included) measuring 9 foot by 12 foot on a 2 story extension. The last time I had it done the guy made a right pigs ear of it, so I will be keeping a very close on it this time!

In the long run I would think about putting a tiled pitched roof on unless you are selling/moving in about ten years. Flat roofs need to be done again around that period.

If youre replacing a flat roof there are also building control issues to consider such as increasing the insulation.

In the long run I would think about putting a tiled pitched roof on unless you are selling/moving in about ten years. Flat roofs need to be done again around that period.

Pitched roof not possible I'm afraid

go for the grp roofing if you get this done. last year I did a garage roof for a relative which included all new joists/boarding/ grp felt it came in at over £1200 but this didnt include insulation/plasterboard/skimming etc

go for the grp roofing if you get this done. last year I did a garage roof for a relative which included all new joists/boarding/ grp felt it came in at over £1200 but this didnt include insulation/plasterboard/skimming etc

Did my own re-roof a few years back, using rubber membrane, converted it from a cold roof to a warm roof, and a good depth of insulation. I would guess it will last as long as GRP, certainly longer than the 10 years suggested for flat roof replacement earlier in the thread......just suggesting an alternative.

Did my own re-roof a few years back, using rubber membrane, converted it from a cold roof to a warm roof, and a good depth of insulation. I would guess it will last as long as GRP, certainly longer than the 10 years suggested for flat roof replacement earlier in the thread......just suggesting an alternative.

How much (roughly) were materials?

I would say the same - pitch it or at least get something that isn't standard flat roofing. We had a highly recommended "reputable" company into to do ours - 8 X 16ft... it's never stopped leaking since! After a lot of arguing with the original firm, we've decided to get it redone with our main roof! Will be a huge relief.

Hi change the roof to firestone rubber roofing has 25year warranty and no maintenance. The sizes u said it. Would cost £1100

That's taking all the old felt and ply of and facia and gutters.

Putting insulation between the beams and decking out with Marine ply and the rubber roof. New plastic facia and gutters. If. Your interested can call round talk to u about the product and what we do annd bring u some literature

Text me on 07707400154 and. I will call u back my name is Wayne

If youre replacing a flat roof there are also building control issues to consider such as increasing the insulation.

You only need building control to be involved if your replacing more than 25% of the total roof area.

From the size you've given you should be well under that.

Some of the prices quoted earlier are crazy. No wonder im always busy !!!

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost to replace a flat roof(new boards included) measuring 9 foot by 12 foot on a 2 story extension. The last time I had it done the guy made a right pigs ear of it, so I will be keeping a very close on it this time!

Hi there r plenty off options for flat roofs avalible with out useing felt i can give

you a quote if you would like i would recomend fitting a warm roof