Where to get a Witness Signature for a Statutory Declaration

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone knows where i can get a Statutory Declaration witness signed, as I've had to write a statement to the Department of Immigration Australia, and they wish for it to be witness signed.

I've rang up a few solicitors and they've said they don't do it :S so does anyone know where I can go, pay £5/£10 and get it done with ease, in Sheffield.

Kind Regards

Luke

Depends what it says, but witness signed could be any witness. Its more likely going to require a solicitor or other professional to certify the document. The Aussies should make it clear exactly what they want.

Authorised persons include:

Commissioner for Oaths

Justice of the Peace

Notary

Lawyer / solicitor

Magistrate

Doctor

CPA or Chartered Accountant

Bank manager

Cheers, i've managed to source a solicitor to do one after ringing loads up

Its so much easier to get this done in Australia, they have JP officers scattered around the city, all day till 7pm, you walk in, sit down, sign, done, and its free.

thanks tigger

Solicitors will do it for m8s, but tbh unless they are feeling in the right mood, then its ho or miss as many wont think its worth the hassle.

Yeah I had the same problem and luckily managed to flutter my eyelids at a walk in solicitors clinic in town and play the poor hard done by female act (yeah I see the irony considering I spend time advocate gender equality lol...) and they did it for a fiver whilst grumbling they don't normally do this unless it's for an existing client grumble grumble...

Cheers, i've managed to source a solicitor to do one after ringing loads up

Its so much easier to get this done in Australia, they have JP officers scattered around the city, all day till 7pm, you walk in, sit down, sign, done, and its free.

It's perfectly easy to get it done in E&W. The fee is set by law at £5 per item + £2 per exhibit.

you can simply visit the magistrates court before the start of the day's sitting, aprox nine o'clock, and it will be done for free

It's perfectly easy to get it done in E&W. The fee is set by law at £5 per item + £2 per exhibit.

Whats the E&W if you don't me asking?

Cheers for the the posts guys!

Don't you just love abbreviations, shortens the word but makes conversation/discussion longer by having to explain it :loopy: