Small black cat Laughton / Dinnington

We have had a small, slim black cat hanging around the last few days. It does look well cared for but it has been seen in our garden during the day and night. It doesn't have a collar on it.

Its a very small cat, possibly not full grown but I know some black cats can be very small compared to the average moggy. It has a white bit on its chest but I haven't examined it closely for other markings. Its friendly but wasn't too happy at being picked up. I'm wondering if its lost its way home as it comes running up to people when they go near it and rubs round your legs. It wouldn't leave me alone when I was outside yesterday trying to do the garden. I'm a bit worried it may come further into our garden and get attacked by our dogs. Are there any facebook pages where someone could ask around for me please? We live on the Dinnington edge of Laughton en le Morthen.

Unsure if it's the same cat but we found one (on Wednesday 23rd March) that (we presume) had been in a fatal RTA on Oldcotes Road - just outside Throapham. I was unable to pick it up myself so I had to enlist the help of a neighbour. I asked her for a description and she said that it was black with a white patch on its chest - she said that she thought it had no white on its face - however, sadly it was hard to tell as the poor little mite had suffered bad facial trauma.

We took it to the vets and it was microchipped - female. The vets promised to call the owners promptly (they didn't) but I tracked them down myself by knocking on a couple of doors at Throapham. She was from Throapham and had been missing three weeks apparently - so sad for the poor baby.:cry:

Has the black cat that you refer to been to visit you since?? Just seems coincidental with the markings and she had no collar on either.

Foxy

Edited by foxyflugel

It does seem a coincidence.....poor puss cat, poor owner. :(

We are right on the Thropaham / Dinnington edge of Laughton so it could quite easily be the same cat. We haven't seen it for a few days and we have been out in the garden a lot Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It didn't look thin enough to look neglected otherwise we would have taken it to the vets to be scanned. My mum lives next door but the lady the other side of her had started feeding the cat and looking after it. My mum told me this on Friday but it could be that the lady next door only just told her this and the cat could have already been dead.

Did the vet give you the owners address? It is definitely their cat that died? I will ask my neighbour if the cat is still around. I have a photo of the cat sat at my mums patio door. I can't upload it to the forum but I can send it to you via email or text if you want to see if it is the cat they lost. PM me your email address or mobile number if you want me to send the photo to you.

UPDATE.

Mum has just said the cat was in their garden on Friday. My niece (mums grand daughter) had been stroking it in mums back garden on Friday. My niece told mum the lady next door had taken the cat in. It would be nice to see the cat reunited with its owner before my neighbour gets too attached.

Foxyflugel - I have sent you a photo of the cat on email.

Edited by Chez2
Update