Understanding the universe.

Obelix,

I'll get back with a little more detail on "Energy Current".

At least we've got some physics going instead of the FE nonsense.

All the best for 2019

Energy Current,

In his Electrical Papers, Vol1 1892 page 43, Heaviside wrote:

" It becomes important to find the paths along which the energy is being transmitted.First, define the energy-current at a point to be the amount of energy transferred in unit time across unit area perpendicular to the direction of transmission...... This is true universally, irrespective of the nature of the medium as to conductivity,capacity, and permeability,..... and is true  in transients as well as in steady states. A line of energy -current is perpendicular to the electric and magnetic force and is a line of pressure. We here give a few general notions.

Return to our wire from London to Edinburgh with a steady current from the battery in London. The energy is poured out of the battery sideways into the dielectric at a steady rate.... Most of the energy is transmitted parallel to the wire nearly ...... But some of the outer tubes go out into space to an immense distance..... If there is an instrument in circuit ar Edinburgh,it is worked by an energy that has travelled wholly through the dielectric, then finding its way into the instrument...... where it enters... and is there dissipated.

In a circular circuit, with the battery at one end of a diameter, its other end is the neutral point; the lines of energy current are distributed symmetrically with respect to the diameter.

On closing the battery circuit (i.e. switching the logic output)there is an immediate rush of energy into the dielectric. "

This very puzzling for one educated in the principles expounded by Fleming,Maxwell and Farady.

C. W. D 

These three were not  barmpots  but incredible brilliant engineers.

It's so hard to get hold of their work.

Obelix,

Had they gone off at a complete tangent to the electromagnetic principles that 

we now apply in electronic/electrical engineering ?

As I understand it this is a half-truth - we actually live in a magneto-electric universe:

"The TORUS and the NATURE OF OUR REALITY
I found these deities in Bali, holding torus stones, out of which water flows. A perfect metaphor for the creation process that has been hidden from us by our controlled education system and the El-ites.
Torus geometry seems to be behind everything in creation in this reality we find ourselves in - the seen and the unseen. Everything enters this reality from the source-code or, the Creator, or morphogenetic field, or the zero point, or the vacuum, as a pulsating toroidal resonance, which then manifests into physical form based on its prime resonance frequency. It all begins as a sound resonance torus, that soon generates a magnetic field torus - and moving magnetic fields create electricity. This is the correct sequence of creation - from sound/resonance to electricity. We therefore live in an infinite magneto-electric universe, made up of interwoven and fractal toruses, all connected to each other, vibrating at different frequencies. From very large - to very small. As above so below. If this is the case for galaxies, solar systems, atoms and electrons - why should the Earth be an exception? Keep exploring and keep an open mind at all times - the times they are a changing... as new knowledge reaches us and we see our world from a whole new perspective. So the next time you look up at the night sky, ask yourself... what is it that I am truly looking at? In unity and resonance - Michael Tellinger"

13 hours ago, petemcewan said:

This very puzzling for one educated in the principles expounded by Fleming,Maxwell and Farady.

I think you will find it's a phenomena called inductance.... and entirely amenable to Maxwell et al.

Swarfenforf43,

Interesting video. The examples of magnetism used are well known to 21st Century physics. Some of the concepts you include in your thread I've come across in the writings of Swedenborg

,( as above, so below -and Correspondence theory)). Rupert Sheldrake (morphic resonance) and Murray Bookchin  theories of

Village Green democracy and Lewis Mumford (the move away from the metropolis ).With the exception of Bookchin and Mumford, the others are a bit esoteric.

As for the cause of gravity, whatever it is must be ubiquitous and instantaneous.

Edited by petemcewan

Mike 10.

I remember EL from way back. Brilliant Ideas on linear induction as a means of locomotion. An insightful genius in my estimation.

When I ran the Machines Lab at Southgate College. I used great big rectified moving coil measuring instruments -and shunts and multipliers- just like Eric is using in his experiment. Seeing them again takes me back a bit-found memories.

Edited by petemcewan