Understanding the universe.

From Wiki:

The Andromeda Galaxy is approaching the Milky Way at about 110 kilometres per second (68 miles per second).[107] It has been measured approaching relative to the Sun at around 300 km/s (190 mi/s)[1] as the Sun orbits around the center of the galaxy at a speed of approximately 225 km/s (140 mi/s). This makes the Andromeda Galaxy one of about 100 observable blueshifted galaxies.[108] Andromeda Galaxy's tangential or sideways velocity with respect to the Milky Way is relatively much smaller than the approaching velocity and therefore it is expected to collide directly with the Milky Way in about 4 billion years. A likely outcome of the collision is that the galaxies will merge to form a giant elliptical galaxy[109] or perhaps even a large disc galaxy.[17] Such events are frequent among the galaxies in galaxy groups. The fate of the Earth and the Solar System in the event of a collision is currently unknown. Before the galaxies merge, there is a small chance that the Solar System could be ejected from the Milky Way or join the Andromeda Galaxy.[110]

11 hours ago, melthebell said:

I was reading yesterday that our milky way is going to eventually be eaten just like the galaxies that already have been. I tried to refind the BBC link but failed :(

But what about Kit-Kats and Mars Bars?

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

But what about Kit-Kats and Mars Bars?

I believe there's a Bounty out on those two.

I must confess I snickered when I read that.

It certainly deserves a ripple of applause.

In the Galaxy of milky chocolate bars theres always one on Topic...;)

3 minutes ago, Obelix said:

In the Galaxy of milky chocolate bars theres always one on Topic...;)

Ask the Milky Bar Kid.