Understanding the universe.

1 hour ago, MAC33 said:

Mt San Jacinto visible from 120 miles. 5-45 minutes to 7 minutes.

Let me guess... you think that every pylon is slightly shorter than the one in front of it? 

gg0lpqvd0kz21.jpg

Laughable pic. Doctored to the hilt.

If it did bend that much the circumference of the earth would have to be only a fraction of its claimed 40 000 kms.

Go to the lake and look out and that is not what you will see.

Rivers,lakes,seas the ocean all completely horizontal - at least that is what my ruler tells me.

Perhaps my ruler is bent?

38 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

If it did bend that much the circumference of the earth would have to be only a fraction of its claimed 40 000 kms.

Rivers,lakes,seas the ocean all completely horizontal - at least that is what my ruler tells me.

You realise you can go there any see it for yourself right? Have your eyes been doctored too? Talk about laughable! 

Fill your boots!

https://flatearth.ws/pontchartrain

Edited by Robin-H

23 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

Have you watched the sunset over the sea at Perth yet and noticed how it goes below the horizon?

49 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

No, your ruler is small.

The Earth is really big

I wonder what the distance is along the horizon as shown in the photograph. Considerably less than the distance to the horizon I would guess. Hence the imperceptible curvature along the horizon.

Just now, fatrajah said:

I wonder what the distance is along the horizon as shown in the photograph. Considerably less than the distance to the horizon I would guess. Hence the imperceptible curvature along the horizon.

Pretty much yes....

2 hours ago, MAC33 said:

OK lets see how well you do then..

it's 150m between towers, so lets see your math for showing it must be much less than 40000km round the Earth then....

4 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Why do internationally famous  and incredibly clever scientists come on to Sheffield Forum to tell us about their fantastic theories?

Why are they so keen to tell us that they are right and that they are a victim of a Conspiracy ?

Will the Sheffield Forum become the vehicle for future Nobel prizewinners?

This comment reeks of snobbery and elitism, as if only the elite in the great institutions are the ones that progress human learning, only their theories are valid, only their analysis counts. 

Throughout history it has often been the outsiders, the mavericks that have moved human understanding forward.

Edited by Yeah but

1 hour ago, Yeah but said:

This comment reeks of snobbery and elitism, as if only the elite in the great institutions are the ones that progress human learning, only their theories are valid, only their analysis counts. 

Throughout history it has often been the outsiders, the mavericks that have moved human understanding forward.

That might be true. But they have always been able to do so by explaining what they observed, how it was discovered, how the experiement can be repeated etc...

In short, they followed the scientific method. Crothers isn't doing that at all.

15 hours ago, Yeah but said:

Mavericks, outsiders, independents and serendipity all move science forward and it would be a very dark day for understanding if this changed. Wallace and Darwin developed their theories of evolution independent of each other, independent of any institution, in isolation thousands of miles apart in the remotest parts of the world.

They submitted their work to public scrutiny and without publicity. They did not mock or rubbish previous work or the opinions of their peers. Over the decades they accepted change to their theories from new evidence. Neither became 'institutionalized' and rejected most of the gongs and honours offered.  That's being an outsider. That's getting it right.

This lot love institutions, conferences, publishing  papers and award ceremonies so much they create their own.

They are desperate to belong  to the mainstream but have been rejected. 

They have been rejected because science relies on  the rigorous testing.  So far their peers from around the  world  have shown that they have failed to meet these standards.