Understanding the universe.

17 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

Lol - the sun never does go over the horizon that is the point flat earthers are making.

Look at street lights on a flat road. The greater the distance the street lights are away from you - the lower they appear. Of course they are not lower it is just perspective.

As for the sun always being visible,rubbish again. The angle of the suns rays are directed down like a torch - it will therefore light up only where the rays contact.

Have you ever watched a sunset - you'll get some good ones in Perth - the sun goes down below the horizon- and it appears bigger as it does. A telescope couldn't bring it back into view once it has set.

Just google "sunset" - there are thousands of images of it doing precisely that.

And if the suns rays are angled like a torch - how come the sun is round to look at no matter what time of day or wherever you are.

Get outside and do some basic observation - like the people did a couple of thousand years ago who proved the earth was round - instead of reading crazy websites.

Edited by Longcol

19 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

Lol - the sun never does go over the horizon that is the point flat earthers are making.

Look at street lights on a flat road. The greater the distance the street lights are away from you - the lower they appear. Of course they are not lower it is just perspective.

As for the sun always being visible,rubbish again. The angle of the suns rays are directed down like a torch - it will therefore light up only where the rays contact.

Where is this sun going then? 

I have no idea what street lights and perspective have got to do with the sun clearly going over the horizon. 

Street  lights  will eventually disappear or appear to drop lower the further away you view them. Of course they are nor dropping,it just appears they are - perspective.

As the sun circles the flat earth the greater the distance away from it you are the colder it will be and less and less will be visible - till it eventually disappears from sight.

The sun will eventually disappear but it is not falling below the horizon.

Water has been for eternity the best means of measuring horizontal or flat.

The oceans curving and the water conforming to the exterior of a spherical rock  - you'd have to be a true believer to their science to believe it,lol.

Edited by MAC33

5 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

Street  lights  will eventually disappear or appear to drop lower the further away you view them. Of course they are nor dropping,it just appears they are - perspective.

As the sun circles the flat earth the greater the distance away from it you are the colder it will be and less and less will be visible - till it eventually disappears from sight.

The sun will eventually disappear but it is not falling below the horizon.

Water has been for eternity the best means of measuring horizontal or flat.

The oceans curving and the water conforming to the exterior of a spherical rock  - you'd have to be a true believer to their science to believe it,lol.

So answer my question. 

Where do you believe that sun in the video is going? It's not getting smaller. 

Flat earthers believe the sun and moon circle the stationary flat earth - as it appears.

Though in 1984 - observation and all your other senses are no longer to be trusted over their 'science',lol.

Had enough of answering a million and one questions - I'm not a sheepdog lol.

Do your own in depth research and come to your own conclusion.

Its called having an informed opinion rather than just a belief based on what you've been brainwashed to believe.

22 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

Flat earthers believe the sun and moon circle the stationary flat earth - as it appears.

Though in 1984 - observation and all your other senses are no longer to be trusted over their 'science',lol.

Had enough of answering a million and one questions - I'm not a sheepdog lol.

Do your own in depth research and come to your own conclusion.

Its called having an informed opinion rather than just a belief based on what you've been brainwashed to believe.

Why can't you answer my question.? It's really simple. 

I have my own conclusion. The sun is going over the horizon. That is simply a fact. 

They (well some) say that the Earth (and everything else) is accelerating at 1g!  The material underneath must be well glued in though.

On the flat earth model the sun must at some point appear to go from a circular shape to an elliptical one as it moves from illuminating one area to another. But this never happens does it? Please explain why not.

If the sun is always shining down like a torch, and night is when we are outside it's beam....

How come it always appears round, rather than elliptical at times (i.e as if looking at a torch side on)?

23 minutes ago, fatrajah said:

On the flat earth model the sun must at some point appear to go from a circular shape to an elliptical one as it moves from illuminating one area to another. But this never happens does it? Please explain why not.

Ditto!

Awaiting explanation with interest.

Edited by Waldo

1 hour ago, MAC33 said:

The same sort of science that makes computers and the internet possible among many other things.

I wonder what great inventions flat earthers have made.

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

Why can't you answer my question.? It's really simple. 

I have my own conclusion. The sun is going over the horizon. That is simply a fact. 

I think we all know MAC33 never answers a direct question - just comes back with statements or links to conspiracy sites. The 9/11 truthers used to do the same the best part of ten years ago.

It's a juvenile belief system.

Is there an FE explanation as to why people in the Southern hemisphere see different constellations than those in the Northern hemisphere?

3 minutes ago, truman said:

Is there an FE explanation as to why people in the Southern hemisphere see different constellations than those in the Northern hemisphere?

Or more fundamentally, is there a flat earth explanation as to why the earth is patently, demonstrably and visibly spherical?