Understanding the universe.

I've looked at the evidence and yes I believe in the giocentric model.

Water at the surface is flat so yes.

10 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

There does seem to be a lot of hate on this forum to anyone who questions their science on this matter.

You could try answering questions instead of posting youtubes and links to conspiracy sites.

Like if the earth is flat, how come it is night in England and daylight in Australia?

5 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

I've looked at the evidence and yes I believe in the giocentric model.

Water at the surface is flat so yes.

So you reckon that satellites don't exist and that we never went to the moon..how do you explain the curved  shadow of the earth on a lunar eclipse? Why can't I see New York from the West coast of Ireland?   All genuine questions..If you don't think we orbit the sun can you explain seasons and why they are the opposite in Australia is its getting to summer there now..

Edited by truman

I'll ask some questions for a change - how come we can see the Chicago skyline across Michigan Bay.

the official excuse is - it's a mirage.

2 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

I'll ask some questions for a change - how come we can see the Chicago skyline across Michigan Bay.

It's been answered before earlier in the thread.

I note you yet again refuse to answer questions. No surprise there....................................

23 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

Been answered earlier in the thread.....your turn to answer,,why can't we see New York from the west of Ireland?

1 hour ago, MAC33 said:

There does seem to be a lot of hate on this forum to anyone who questions their science on this matter.

During the flat earth Tour of the U.K. - during the Swansea rally one guy took a strong dislike to having his reality questioned. He started shouting and getting in the face of one of the speakers. Sad to see and mirrored somewhat by some of the responses on here.

I'm yet to see any science on your part. You state easily verifiably untrue statements. That's not science. 

Edited by Robin-H

16 hours ago, Longcol said:

You could try answering questions instead of posting youtubes and links to conspiracy sites.

Like if the earth is flat, how come it is night in England and daylight in Australia?

Animations like this illustrates their answer to that.

https://goo.gl/images/NLy1nx

8 minutes ago, Hots on said:

Wow very realistic....  :)     maybe they'll have observations that prove this..

How does gravity work on a flat earth ?

45 minutes ago, Hots on said:

Lol.......that is crazy on so many levels -  for a start nobody would ever see the sunset with the sun going below the horizon - something witnessed by millions of people every single day.

Not to mention that even if the sun is only 3,000 miles in the air according to some of these numbskulls, a bit of straightforward trigonometry would prove the sun would always be visible well above the horizon from anywhere on a flat earth.

Lol - the sun never does go over the horizon that is the point flat earthers are making.

Look at street lights on a flat road. The greater the distance the street lights are away from you - the lower they appear. Of course they are not lower it is just perspective.

As for the sun always being visible,rubbish again. The angle of the suns rays are directed down like a torch - it will therefore light up only where the rays contact.

Edited by MAC33

How are the sun's rays limited to a certain area?  Those from a torch are limited by the reflector behind the bulb & the body of the torch itself, are they not?