Sheffield wednesday - how do you rate them

I was wondering whether the Atkinson side or the current one played the better football, the new one might be just shading it, a pleasure to watch at times.

Not even close!

We're doing ok, but let's not get carried away.

The 91 side would have been top 2 without a sweat

Not even close!

We're doing ok, but let's not get carried away.

The 91 side would have been top 2 without a sweat

Yeah I suppose your right, I was thinking more about the actual passing and movement which is great at times now but Atkinsons side were awesome in all respects.

Yeah I suppose your right, I was thinking more about the actual passing and movement which is great at times now but Atkinsons side were awesome in all respects.

To be fair to the current crop, this season as a whole has been at times excellent, but at times very inconsistent.

Saturday for example...

First half, like watching paint dry

Second half, like watching a masterpiece!

Here's to the run in, but should they go up, there's going to have to be a few quality players brought in

I am a happier Owl than I have been since the early 90's , but have to agree with Billy here. When we are on song it's beautiful to watch but what team turned out for the first half Saturday (and the Rotherham game)?

It was like watching last seasons boring, dry football, and that has happened a few times - especially since Christmas.

I think the reason some are getting so excited is because this is the best, most promising and entertaining football we have seen at Hillsborough since then (the early 90s).

Big difference this season has not only been the starting eleven,but the quality on the bench,all Saturdays subs were game changers,plus having a manager capable of changing things is a bonus,yes first half was poor Saturday,but I had every confidence we would come out a better side and always expected the victory,which turned out to be easy.

Big difference this season has not only been the starting eleven,but the quality on the bench,all Saturdays subs were game changers,plus having a manager capable of changing things is a bonus,yes first half was poor Saturday,but I had every confidence we would come out a better side and always expected the victory,which turned out to be easy.

The main actor was missing on Saturday:)

I am a happier Owl than I have been since the early 90's , but have to agree with Billy here. When we are on song it's beautiful to watch but what team turned out for the first half Saturday (and the Rotherham game)?

It was like watching last seasons boring, dry football, and that has happened a few times - especially since Christmas.

I think the reason some are getting so excited is because this is the best, most promising and entertaining football we have seen at Hillsborough since then (the early 90s).

I would add to that Potty that Atkinson and Francis's team always seemed to struggle against the more direct teams of of the day like Wimbledon, Sheffield United and Cambridge so its not exclusive to the current side.

Yup, maybe it's a simple as that top