Help Blake with his Cancer treatment

Hi, i was really sad to see this little boy going through so much at such a young age so i've decided to do some fundraising in the hope i can help him get to reach his target.

I'm hoping to raise £1000 for him. Here is some information about Blake. Blake was diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) at 10 month old, it is a rare form of bladder cancer, he's had chemotherapy and radiotherapy. The best treatment is in America with the proton machine .He can't have surgery.This will help towards living expenses as the family will be over there for 6 weeks.

Please help me reach the target, Thank you x

You can donate any amount on my funding pages.

If you have any vouchers that you would like to donate for our online raffles i would be very grateful.

I'm also hoping to do a local raffle in Sheffield if anyone in the area would like to donate anything, even hairdressers, nail salons anything you think would be great to raffle off to get more donations would be great. Thank you so much in advance. Lets come together and help this little boy.

Here is my fundraising page with a couple of raffles running to win caravan breaks or a cut and blow at the mo

https://www.facebook.com/Blakes-Cancer-treatment-1687585578161851/

Here is my fundraising page

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/HelpBlake

Any amount donated will be a big help . Thank you

Raised so far £200 of the £1000 lots of tickets left

Edited by minibobkin

Great cause. Ive donated already through Paul Powers Gym (i think thats where it was) Money is tight right now but if i can scare up a bit of extra cash ill send it your way. The very best of luck to you all :)

Bumping, heartbreaking, donated. Thanks for taking the time to make people aware.

Bumping, heartbreaking, donated. Thanks for taking the time to make people aware.

Thank you so much.

Yes it is, thank you so much for your donation it will really help x

This is not getting many replies. Can anyone tell me how to request it being made a sticky?

Its a very good cause.

Thank you. Ill do that now.

I thought if a patient had to go abroad for appropriate treatment, the treatment and parents accommodation was funded by the NHS.

Is that NHS funding no longer available?

The NHS currently pays for those deemed appropriate for the therapy to go the United States for treatment. They must be assessed by a panel who may decide patients are not suitable if there is unlikely to be a clinical benefit from the treatment. More than 400 patents have been sent abroad since 2008, mostly children.

Taken from the Guardian article in Alchesearch's post above.

So, why are the NHS not funding Blake's treatment?

I've no idea sorry, i'm trying to help the family out who are trying to raise the money needed and i've used the information they have published about it which they are aware of.