What out they will be about.

So the Angling Trust have volunteer bailiffs lined up for the whole of Yorkshire.

You never know we may see one on the bank, it will make a change as I haven't seen a bailiff for yonks.

Will it stop dodges I doubt it.

Suggest people look at the Angling Trust Website that will give people an insight into what they will be doing

It also lists convictions / offenders for each month

It is very interesting that the number of British people offending is far greater than Eastern Europeans as is often mistaken

As a little insight there will be a big purge during the Close season

Up to now EA bailiffs have been as rare as Snow Leopards.

I will try to catch one.

Watch out the snow leopard is having a good breeding season

Watch out the snow leopard is having a good breeding season

Very good, :clap:

3 days in and the snow leopard has caught 3 (Rother and Don)

Why don't people learn

It's been a while since I saw an EA bailiff but yesterday three turned up on the Stainforth and Keadby canal where I was pike fishing. I suppose it's safer for them to travel in numbers in case they encounter any groups of non-licence holders ( you probably know who I mean ).

It is good to know that all licence holders are being checked and that all bailiffs have the same powers as a police officer (both being warranted )

To see all prosecutions with names , area and fines incurred during December 2017 look on http://www.anglingtrust.net and follow the link for don't cheat on angling

To give you an idea there were 20 from the EA at Hull that cover the Stainy

with am average fine of circa £225 with all 20 being non Eastern European

As can be seen from the website unfortunately the vast majority of offenders are British

The lesson being what is better the licence fee approx. 50p a week or a massive fine ,risk of confiscation and a criminal record-- No brainer

That's good to hear, it's not before time.

If the bailiffs are about I still haven't spotted one, even so their efforts will be appreciated by licence holders.

It's not a surprise to me that all offenders were/are British. Not everything to do with poor stocks of fish in our rivers is down to immigrants.

How many EA bailiffs are there to cover the Sheffield/Rotherham area? I've met the same one a few times on the canal.

There is no reason not to have a licence to fish, its not like it costs the earth. I for one welcome the new initiative

A good idea would be to issue a licence with the fine, paid for of course by the would be owner.