Advice on measurement for flooring

Hi,

Need some advice

My bathroom floor measures 5ft 8 by 5ft 1

I went to B@Q tonight. One assistant worked out that I required 2.66 sq. metres.

The vinyl I wanted was 2 metres wide. I was told by the assistant on flooring I required 4 metres.

I said it seemed a lot but he said that was right

I have got home and my son said I had been sold too much

His he right? It does look as if there is too much

thanks

Its always going to be too big, then u cut it to the size that you want it. I guess 2 mts would have been enough, too late once its cut.

Well the assistant was right you need 2.66 Sq metres. So how they then suggested you need 4 X 2 metres = 8 Sq metres is anyone's guess.

Given those measurements you should have been charged for about 3.3 Sq metres. You get the length out of the 2 metres and the roll needs to be cut at 1.65 metres allowing a little more than you need. The exact measurement with out any allowance would be 3.1 Sq metres.

Hi,

Need some advice

My bathroom floor measures 5ft 8 by 5ft 1

I went to B@Q tonight. One assistant worked out that I required 2.66 sq. metres.

The vinyl I wanted was 2 metres wide. I was told by the assistant on flooring I required 4 metres.

I said it seemed a lot but he said that was right

I have got home and my son said I had been sold too much

His he right? It does look as if there is too much

thanks

If you are wanting a bathroom floor go for something like Karndene. It comes as tiles and can be built up with borders and very little waste.

If you need more than full boxes tou can buy the odd tile on Ebay.

If they sell it one meter increments you were sold as much as you need assuming you bought 4 square meters, not 4 meter length.

It will seem way too big, but that's how it works out.

You need a 2metre length of the 2m wide roll (4 square metres as already said)

If you gave you measurements to the assistant and that assistant gave you a 4metre length, take it back and get a refund.

If an assistant gave you advice on how much you needed and then you went ahead and asked for a 4 metre length from that assistant or another, you have to take it on the chin.

Take it back anyway and you might get away with it.

The odds are that they may just give you a partial refund and let you keep the excess.

If they sell it one meter increments you were sold as much as you need assuming you bought 4 square meters, not 4 meter length.

It will seem way too big, but that's how it works out.

That could be the situation. I think the assistant who came up with the 2.66 sq metre figure is at fault, because they should have made it clear that could not be the quantity sold, given the fact the roll is 2 metres wide.

If you are wanting a bathroom floor go for something like Karndene. It comes as tiles and can be built up with borders and very little waste.

If you need more than full boxes tou can buy the odd tile on Ebay.

+1 for Karndean, had some in a bathroom for 10 years, its been soaked many, many times and is still in great condition.

I've got some vinyl woodlike panels, bought in B&Q.

Cheap, easier to lay down around toilet and sink yourself then one solid piece.

They look really nice, pattern doesn't repeat on every one of them so they can be shuffled around to look like real wood floor.

But it seems it's too late for that now.

A quick look at B&Q site shows that if it's a sheet they come in 2m x 2m squares. Others are cut to length so I suggest you check on their site which one it is you've bought.