Election for London Mayor: What difference will it make?

It is exactly what it says, standing for LONDON mayor. whoever becomes mayor it only affects London, no effect whatsoever on us.

I'd love Morrissey to get the job...Though he's a dour Mancunian so he probably won't. I do like his sense of humour and his contrarian façade in interviews. When he was on the One Show it was very funny to watch.

It'll make very little difference whether khan or goldsmith gets in tbh. They'll both talk about affordable hpusing and be able to do sod all about it. Hopefully whichever gets in will stop boris's ever expanding bike lanes that bring the place to a standstill.

It's effectively a two horse race, a vote for the other candidates is a wasted vote.

I think Katie Hopkins would have more chance than Morrissey of winning :wave:

Labour should win it. 44% of Londoners voted Labour at the last election - an election they may have lost massively nationwide, but one in which they did well in London. If the whole country voted last May the same way London did, Miliband would be the Prime Minister now. They got a massive 7% swing in London. Labour has 61% of London's parliamentary seats. If the Labour candidate doesn't win the mayoral election there should be some very serious questions asked.

I think the Labour candidate is very weak, I can't see him doing well.

It'll make very little difference whether khan or goldsmith gets in tbh. They'll both talk about affordable hpusing and be able to do sod all about it. Hopefully whichever gets in will stop boris's ever expanding bike lanes that bring the place to a standstill.

Yep, what London needs more than anything else is more cars on it's roads!

Yep, what London needs more than anything else is more cars on it's roads!

It's not about more cars its about the cars there are being able to move about.

It's not about more cars its about the cars there are being able to move about.

I'm talking about all the potential cars that are taken off the road by people using their cycle for their commute. If it is made more desirable for these people to commute by car, what do you think will happen?

I'd suggest that the space freed up by abolishing the cycle lanes will be more than filled up by the extra traffic. What London needs to do is encourage more people to commute by bike to free up space on the roads.

I'm talking about all the potential cars that are taken off the road by people using their cycle for their commute. If it is made more desirable for these people to commute by car, what do you think will happen?

I'd suggest that the space freed up by abolishing the cycle lanes will be more than filled up by the extra traffic. What London needs to do is encourage more people to commute by bike to free up space on the roads.

I'm not talking about commuting, i'm talking about all the things we need to use our cars for which it's not practical to do on a bike. You can't say the chaos on the CS2 is good for anyone, even the buses get gridlocked.