Council tax rise approved

How much is the council owed in unpaid Council Tax?

the reason SCC has a "large" amount of unpaid council tax is they dont write any of the debts off other cities write off unpiad taxes and then cannot get any thingback, this way if someone comes back to the city they can in theory be found and ordered to pay the outstanding amounts.

Council tax has nothing to with rent (Housing revenue account)

stop bringing facts into the post let them have another ill informed rant

Well I have just got my new council tax bill, and when I compared it to last year it has gone up 10% on what I paid last year. So after all the other increases and expecting to pay the 3.99% extra I find I am paying 10% extra.

Well I have just got my new council tax bill, and when I compared it to last year it has gone up 10% on what I paid last year. So after all the other increases and expecting to pay the 3.99% extra I find I am paying 10% extra.

Mine has only gone up 3.99%. There must have been a change in your circumstances. Have you changed bands? Have you moved home? Have you gone from single person to multiple person council tax? Did you have Tax Credits last year that havent been applied this year?

Edited by iansheff
wrong information

With all due respect, something must have changed if your bill has gone up 10%, given the increase for those with no change in circumstances is less than 4%.

I just found that on last years I was almost in credit by £44 when it was sent to me. So that must be the reason it is up so much this year because last years was down.

I had totally forgotten was in credit when it was sent last year. Doh!!!!

I'am a single person and my last years c/tax was £76 a month, its now gone

up £3 pounds- now will pay £79.00, a month. Its stinks

My first payment is £110 and a few pence and then £106 thereafter for 11 months for what?

Haven't received mine yet but. Our wonderful council will still be making cuts and blame the government. Don't forget our City of Sanctuary comes at a high price and the foreign scroungers still have to be paid for.

WE need to pay more

To pay for growth

By doing this we decrease the deficit while at the same time increasing the debt

I have just got mine and it has just made me even more miserable after a long hard day at work.It could be worse, i have to pay extra for Stocksbridge town council as well all the other things that always go up every year.Even though the councils bit was frozen in the last few years the town councils has always gone up every year same as the police and fire as always gone up.Its a pity my wages do not do the same.Even worse i am not getting a pay rise this year to help our colleagues in another part of the EU who are struggling.I am going to have a Jack Daniels and then go to bed.I didnt drink until recently but i am quite enjoying it now,i had forgotten how much i used to enjoy a drink.:thumbsup:.Who wants to live forever anyhow,i certainly don't.

My first payment is £110 and a few pence and then £106 thereafter for 11 months for what?

Have a look here: Sheffield A to Z of services.