Council tax rise approved

This all simply boils down to one thing, SCC can do whatever the hell they like and get away with it, people will moan, but they won't vote anyone else in. It seems to be a case of, lets vote Labour in again and hope they might just be slightly less crap this time round... oh wait.

They're not stupid, if only the voting population would come to this realisation.

So.

You aren't a fan of democracy then.

Do you have an alternative system that you would lke to champion?

So.

You aren't a fan of democracy then.

Do you have an alternative system that you would lke to champion?

I didn't say that at all and at no point does my post imply that... my point is simply that people just seem to do what they always have done, or because they don't like the other 'lot', without giving much consideration to what they have to offer, or simply try something different and see if there's anything less to moan about.

I don't know, just putting it out there. I consider myself very fortunate to live somewhere where we have a democracy, but I don't think people necessarily take as much advantage of this as they could.

I didn't say that at all and at no point does my post imply that... my point is simply that people just seem to do what they always have done, or because they don't like the other 'lot', without giving much consideration to what they have to offer, or simply try something different and see if there's anything less to moan about.

Your post implies total contempt for the voters of Sheffield.

Your post implies total contempt for the voters of Sheffield.

Interpret it however you please, I don't agree with the reasoning many people use in their voting choices, but then they probably don't agree with mine. For what it's worth, I hold no loyalty to any political party, I make an informed choice based on the agenda of all political parties at the time.

I've chosen to live in Sheffield because I love it, I'm not born and bred but I care for the future of the city, so many of its residents will harp on about how bad it is, but they've never lived anywhere else. To outsiders, its brilliant and deserves to be even more. I would like to think everyone else saw it the same way.

Interpret it however you please,

I'll interpret it in accordance with your writing, thanks. Your original thoughts were very clear in your posts.

I'll interpret it in accordance with your writing, thanks. Your original thoughts were very clear in your posts.

Ok, I've tried to break down my reasoning but you seem to be unable to accept that. I stand by my views, whether that offends you or not is entirely your prerogative.

Ok, I've tried to break down my reasoning but you seem to be unable to accept that. I stand by my views, whether that offends you or not is entirely your prerogative.

It isn't that I'm unable to accept your reasoning. Quite the opposite, really.

I just don't like your reasoning, that's all.

It isn't that I'm unable to accept your reasoning. Quite the opposite, really.

I just don't like your reasoning, that's all.

Well, fair enough really. Why don't you like it? How do you do things differently and why?

I'm intrigued, and this is why I love forums!

Well, fair enough really. Why don't you like it? How do you do things differently and why?

I'm intrigued, and this is why I love forums!

You were pretty contemptuous of people who vote Labour. You seemed to be suggesting that they should vote otherwise.

In my view, they can vote as they like and we all take the consequences.

The city has had a Labour Council on and off for many years. You said that you love it here. Perhaps they aren't doing such a bad job after all.

You were pretty contemptuous of people who vote Labour. You seemed to be suggesting that they should vote otherwise.

In my view, they can vote as they like and we all take the consequences.

The city has had a Labour Council on and off for many years. You said that you love it here. Perhaps they aren't doing such a bad job after all.

Nothing against Labour, but I do feel that they've become complacent. As I said, I have no loyalties, but in my opinion, people should consider all the options as opposed to sticking with what they have done historically.

I love it here, yes, but that doesn't mean we can't aspire to be better! That's my point in all this.

Nothing against Labour, but I do feel that they've become complacent

I have EVERYTHING against Labour :mad:

GET LABOUR OUT!!! :clap:

May 2016 :partyhat:

Nothing against Labour, but I do feel that they've become complacent. As I said, I have no loyalties, but in my opinion, people should consider all the options as opposed to sticking with what they have done historically.

I love it here, yes, but that doesn't mean we can't aspire to be better! That's my point in all this.

We should always aspire to be better.

But democracy is crucial. Without it, we are diminished.