Council tax rise approved

The council received less from the government once more and have over the years, we now have the responsibility of running and financing the libraries and many council jobs were cut and don't forget which way to vote in the referendum because one of the reasons the council tax goes up every year is because we are ploughing money into the EU.

I am going to have to pay an extra 66p a week...:o:o my god, how will i manage...:hihi::hihi:

66p a week is 30 odd pound a year to council that moans all the time and is useless but still keep get voted in

---------- Post added 05-03-2016 at 14:36 ----------

The council received less from the government once more and have over the years, we now have the responsibility of running and financing the libraries and many council jobs were cut and don't forget which way to vote in the referendum because one of the reasons the council tax goes up every year is because we are ploughing money into the EU.

spin spin spin you julie bore in disguise heres a answer stop paying consultancy fees all the time and wasting money like having a union rep that does union work only etc

Does anyone know just how much CT SCC receive each year and how much the extra 2% rise will bring in towards social care?

Depends which "waste" you're looking at. the Council's cost of waste disposal is huge and can't be cut because it's been outsourced.

I'm on about unnecessary waste, not waste disposal.

A little off post, but related to the topic I think.

I am still in pocket, our rent has been decreased by 83p a week. Due I must add to the Governments Welfare Reform and Work Bill 2015. The Government has determined there will be an annual reduction of 1% on the rent charged for social housing over the next 4 years.

The letter of notification does go on to say however, cuts will have to be made elsewhere to pay for it.

Angel1.

A little off post, but related to the topic I think.

I am still in pocket, our rent has been decreased by 83p a week. Due I must add to the Governments Welfare Reform and Work Bill 2015. The Government has determined there will be an annual reduction of 1% on the rent charged for social housing over the next 4 years.

Had the same letter but in my case the decrease is 73p.

The letter of notification does go on to say however, cuts will have to be made elsewhere to pay for it.

Angel1.

Are you sure as it didn't state that on my letter?

I am still in pocket, our rent has been decreased by 83p a week.

So I'm paying for your rent decrease? That makes perfect sense. Thanks Labour & SCC!

I'd much rather my hard earned cash goes towards some freeloaders rent reduction than the social care you said it would be funding. Got to love this council.

So I'm paying for your rent decrease? That makes perfect sense. Thanks Labour & SCC!

I'd much rather my hard earned cash goes towards some freeloaders rent reduction than the social care you said it would be funding. Got to love this council.

Just a few points to counter your rude, unintelligent and ignorant post.

Labour didnt decrease social housing rents, if you read the post you will see it says the government has which if you keep up on politics you will realise is the Conservatives are in power.

Not everyone who is in social housing are freeloaders, they are not just for people who dont work.

"Sheffield councillors voted to increase council tax by 3.99 per cent, made up of a 1.99 per cent increase on the tax rate and a two per cent precept to fund adult social care.

Money raised from the precept can only be spent on adult social care."

Translation: more jobs for middle managers/social workers and office staff and absolutely zero improvement in adult social care. It's another SCC winner!

Just read the article from the Star regarding the Council Tax rise, why was the council discussing what goes on in Syria and the EU, when they should be trying to resolve the problems we have here in Sheffield. If they discussed the real things that affected Sheffield, the meetings would be shorter, so saving on heating and electricity.

A couple of points raised by the forum, collect all the Cities debts is a must, employ collectors on a percentage basis pay and watch the money come in. Do Council employee's need over £100k wages to be able live comfortably in Sheffield? Put a cap of £100k and tie the extra pay into point one.

Edited by steval232

Just read the article from the Star regarding the Council Tax rise, why was the council discussing what goes on in Syria and the EU, when they should be trying to resolve the problems we have here in Sheffield. If they discussed the real things that affected Sheffield, the meetings would be shorter, so saving on heating and electricity.

A couple of points raised by the forum, collect all the Cities debts is a must, employ collectors on a percentage basis pay and watch the money come in. Do Councillors need over £100k wages to be able live comfortably in Sheffield? Put a cap of £100k and tie the extra pay into point one.

Which councillors receive over £100k?