Sheffield canal, marina and Plumpers.

Thanks Mr Hinks just gave Billy C a ring and they confirmed they do the books for the cadman/lock stretch .l usually head towards plumpers so still free fishing for now.

I don't think anyone has applied for the rights on Plumpers.

Hi

Just to clarify the canal situation from Cadman Bridge to Tinsley locks and from Tinsley locks to Holmes Lock. They are not licensed by any local fishing club and no club has the fishing rights, but are under the control of the Waterway Wanderers’ scheme. Please see part of the email I was sent and the link. I hope this clears up the confusion for local anglers.

As well as an Environment Agency rod licence anglers also need permission from the owner of the fishing rights. Most of the fishing rights on the canal network are licensed to local angling clubs and I have attached a list of fishing rights on the Sheffield & Tinsley canal with contact details.

If a stretch of canal is not licensed to an angling club it falls under the Waterway Wanderers’ scheme. Please contact John Harding for further details or visit https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/angling and follow the link for Waterway Wanderers. You can also find a place to fish using the search box and view the results on a map.

Kind regards

Barbara Wilder

Fisheries Co-ordinator

So along with a rod license you need a Waterway Wanderers Permit to fish the Tinsley canal, the cost of which is:

Permits for individual anglers

The new Waterway Wanderers permit is an annual permit that runs for 12 months from the date of issue.

Adult permits £20

Senior citizens £10 (over the age of 65)

Juniors £5 (16 or under on the date of purchase)

Individual members of the Angling Trust are also entitled to the £10 concessionary rate upon receipt of a photocopy of their membership card.

Edited by MickeyDuff

Thanks MickeyDuff, that's very helpful information.