Sheffield canal, marina and Plumpers.

Heard this morning that the Tinsley marina and the old Plumpers stretch is being taken over by Waltonians angling club after the work is finished on the locks.

Does anyone know if this is true and if it is do they have day tickets.

I've tried to find out via their web site with no joy so any information would be good.

I am led to believe they are

Billy Clarke will be selling books £20

Thanks Audilad £20 is not a lot is it.

The main problem is access and parking either Lock Lane TWIL or Plumpers Cafe

I've still got the old key for the Plumpers stretch but no use now since the land was sold on

It will need to be well bailliffed.

Just been to Wickersley Angling

Notice on door saying Canal & River Trust have taken over Sheffield Canal from Cadman Street through to Tinsley Locks books £ 20 no concessions for 65+ only young uns £17

I have just given billy clarke's a ring and was told that the canal from cadman street to the first lock on tinsley marina is now under the waltonions angling club, so from the first basin down to american golf is free fishing

The notice re my original post is still on the door of Wickersley Angling as at 8o'clock this morning

I have just given billy clarke's a ring and was told that the canal from cadman street to the first lock on tinsley marina is now under the waltonions angling club, so from the first basin down to american golf is free fishing

Hi I`m new in Sheffield. I have rod licence. You wrote "from first basin down to american golf is free fishing". I have one question. Where is first basin? Near marina? Can I fishing for exemple tomorrow? Or is in canal close season?

Best Regards

The Marinas can be accessed via shepcote Lane.

There's a side road between Man truck and bus centre and MP House go down there to the end where you can park, go right the last Marina is the one mentioned.

I suppose that's the where the free fishing is, the canal after this Marina goes down to American golf.

Incidentally the Marinas to the right of the main Marina which houses boats were all drained and the fish were moved into the canal.

I was told by one of the chaps working on the lock gates there were no plans to restock the Marinas and the fish would be left to make their own way back.

Can anyone clarify who now controls which stretch of the canal and how much for the book? Can't find out exactly what's happening as different stories flying about.Cheers.