Making a complaint to iD mobile

Hello,

I'm in the process of making a complaint to iD mobile (mobile phone company), who I have a contract with (a fiver a month for 250 mins, 5000 texts, and 1GB of 4G data).

They're saying (and this is on their main page), that the 1GB is double data, and will revert to 500MB after 12 months.

My complaint, is that this is not what I signed up for. When I signed up, there was no mention anywhere that the 1GB of data would revert to 500MB after 12 months. I've emailed them about this, back and forth a few times, and they've looked at the evidence I've supplied to support my case; but are refusing to change my plan such that it reflects what I actually signed up for.

Now; this is super 'small potatoes' I know; and I appreciate that the customer services reps are likely impotent to make changes to my account, such that it reflects what I actually ordered (they're just trying to fob me off).

However, I feel I've been somewhat duped (seems quite shoddy behaviour on their part), and would like to press the matter, to either get what I signed up for (the 1GB of data not expiring after 12 months), or them admitting that they are in error and have possibly mis-sold? me.

Any advice? Make an official complaint? Is there any external body (ombudsman etc) I should complain to? Or would the issue be too small for them?

Yeah, I know, drop it and focus my time on bigger fish, would be better, totally agree, but you just don't want to feel that people can swindle you and get away with it Scott free.

Without reviewing your original ts and cs then its impossible to say.

You need to follow their complaints procedure fully and then you cna make a complaint to ofcom. Good luck.

Thanks 999tiger.

Just for reference...

Here's the link I followed (takes you direct to the basket, with the plan in it):

http://www.idmobile.co.uk/buy?deal=81055723&affiliate=idmobile-hidden

Here's my basket when I placed the order:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3858786/ID-mobile/my-order-basket.png

Here's my email receipt:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3858786/ID-mobile/my-order-email-reciept.png

Not sure where to find the T&C's, ah, no wait, they're here:

http://media.secure-mobiles.com/idmobile/documents/TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS_20150501.pdf

Edited by Waldo

If you are unable to get what you want, ask them to tell you which dispute resolution company they are signed up to. Ask them for a letter of deadlock which means the two parties can't agree to an end to the complaint.

When you take it to the dispute resolution company (likely CISAS or ombudsman services) they are likely to cave as it costs them quite a lot of money to defend their case, even if they are in the right.

Honestly life is too short. Their terms they cna cancel you anytime they wnat with 30 days notice and they cna change the terms of the contract.

It is.

I totally recognise there is absolutely no value in my pursuing this. I'll just cancel it myself (fortunate for me, it's only a 30 days rolling contract).

It was always going to be a loser anyhow, because they are actually currently providing what I signed up for; they're just saying that after 12 months, they'll change that.

Anyhow, I need to give my time and attention, to more worthwhile things...

Thanks again for commenting.

---------- Post added 03-03-2016 at 21:21 ----------

If you are unable to get what you want, ask them to tell you which dispute resolution company they are signed up to. Ask them for a letter of deadlock which means the two parties can't agree to an end to the complaint.

When you take it to the dispute resolution company (likely CISAS or ombudsman services) they are likely to cave as it costs them quite a lot of money to defend their case, even if they are in the right.

Thank you runningman1.

Sounds like good advice also. Thing is, even if I won my case, I'd still want to leave them. :o

Edited by Waldo

Hello,

I'm in the process of making a complaint to iD mobile (mobile phone company), who I have a contract with (a fiver a month for 250 mins, 5000 texts, and 1GB of 4G data).

They're saying (and this is on their main page), that the 1GB is double data, and will revert to 500MB after 12 months.

My complaint, is that this is not what I signed up for. When I signed up, there was no mention anywhere that the 1GB of data would revert to 500MB after 12 months. I've emailed them about this, back and forth a few times, and they've looked at the evidence I've supplied to support my case; but are refusing to change my plan such that it reflects what I actually signed up for.

Now; this is super 'small potatoes' I know; and I appreciate that the customer services reps are likely impotent to make changes to my account, such that it reflects what I actually ordered (they're just trying to fob me off).

However, I feel I've been somewhat duped (seems quite shoddy behaviour on their part), and would like to press the matter, to either get what I signed up for (the 1GB of data not expiring after 12 months), or them admitting that they are in error and have possibly mis-sold? me.

Any advice? Make an official complaint? Is there any external body (ombudsman etc) I should complain to? Or would the issue be too small for them?

Yeah, I know, drop it and focus my time on bigger fish, would be better, totally agree, but you just don't want to feel that people can swindle you and get away with it Scott free.

I cancelled after two days no signal half the time.

Hello,

I went to ID last may when they were new.

I had had enough of them by the time I had been with them two weeks.

signal - I'm lucky if I can get one bar..

They wont turn the voicemail off, and none of the codes they gave me work.

The customer service , both their knowledge and their attitude is abysmal.

I'm locked into a 2-year contract, till May next year, and I am only marking time until the contract is up. I would not recommend anyone to touch Id with a bargepole.

If you want out just keep complaining to them. Profit margins are so low in the industry that it soon becomes not worth keeping a customer.

Moreover, if you want to cancel early, they can only recoup the part of the contract that would have been their profit, not the whole amount.

It's weird I clicked on your link to the basket and it says:

ShockProof SP5-IC868-1

250 minutes

5000 texts

1GB data

Limited time offer! -

but I go to the site to choose a plan, click on the same one and it says:

ShockProof SP5-IC868-1

250 minutes

5000 texts

1GB data

12 months Double Data already included! - Data allowance shown includes promo double data offer for the first 12 months on this 30 day plan.

So for some reason it's leaving out the bit about double data for the OP???

Either way it's a no-win situation, it's a 30-day rolling contract so if you kick up a stink they'll just end the contract.