Opinions on Plusnet

Well I'm trying to deal with them for my sister who's wanting to move her ADSL to a new address.

The moving house form doesn't do anything if you have no extra payment details...no errors, nothing. Then you try and add a new credit card and it asks you to confirm without a confirm button!!! They're investigating apparently.

Well I must admit from my experience over the last 12 months plus net seems to be on it's way down in the reliability and customer service ratings. At first when I moved it was a great service but ever since they expanded massively it's just not been the same. I'm now suffering frequent disconnections and each time I report the fact to plus.net they take days to get back to me. They have made one short line test and said it was ok, but since it's an intermittent problem they have just given up... :suspect:

But then moving to someone else might not help my situation so I'm stuck!

Oh joy!:rant:

Do not ever go for a job there...I went to an interview there last year and the setup was an absolute shambles, The interviewer made me sit a test and didn't instruct me properly how to take it, went missing for 30 mins then came back and apologised because he had completely forgot I was there! I told him there and then that this was a bit of a joke and said I had to be off for something more important...to watch Simpsons.

Hi there,

I thought I'd just clarify something first, I do work for PlusNet, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that I am the source of all things that are evil.

The helpdesk is flooded currently. There's loads of issues from the dslmax service offering, mainly effecting stability and speed fluctuations, that's really just added to the burden that they're under. Still, that's a pretty **** poor excuse, and I feel for you (and others that have suffered) for what you've had to go through.

I'm a fairly (very) high profiled poster on various ADSL related forums, so see loads of the issues, such as those you have experienced. All I can say is that if there are people experiencing issues, let me know and I can do my best to help :)

The helpdesk is flooded currently. There's loads of issues from the dslmax service offering, mainly effecting stability and speed fluctuations, that's really just added to the burden that they're under. Still, that's a pretty **** poor excuse, and I feel for you (and others that have suffered) for what you've had to go through.

I'm a fairly (very) high profiled poster on various ADSL related forums, so see loads of the issues, such as those you have experienced. All I can say is that if there are people experiencing issues, let me know and I can do my best to help :)

DSL Max was not causing many tickets or calls when i worked there 2-3 weeks ago.

Take it from me, it definitely is.

Hm..... :suspect:

I'm not in the habit of lying :)

I'm not going to deny that there are other issues present, but DSLMax is currently the beign (sp?) of my life.

Hi lostnfound and welcome to the forum.

Don't worry, you're not seen as evil for working for Plusnet, it's quite refreshing to see someone from there that's willing to help and talking to us!

What are your views on the call waiting times on the support site? Are those figures accurate in your view?

I was talking to someone the other week that helped develop that system years back and he explained a few things to me that didn't really suprise me and I wanted to know if they are true or not. Your answer will confirm it one way or another.

Hey lalaland,

Don't think the calltimes are acceptable at all. Miles too long. There's some changes going on over the next few weeks which we're hopeful will address the timeliness in receiving responses.

I was thinking more about the average response times reported on your website, do you think they are accurate or do you think they show more or less time than calls are actually answered in?

The average response times are probably pretty close to the mark. With the new phone system we have in place, agents are now divided into dealing with specific call pools, some of which are quieter than others, and as such are answered faster, and others have more staff coverage, which again could lead to being answered faster than the others.

As you are no doubt aware of, some pools take considerably longer than others to answer, being an issue we are currently moving to reduce.