Opinions on Plusnet

Then give me the ticket number and let me do my job :)

I'm pm'd you so we can discuss without a public audience!

Not sure I want to queue jump really since it seems others are in the same boat and don't want to get special treatment just for moaning on here....

How many people in your boat do you think are intelligent and articulate enough to attempt to solve the problem on their own as well as look for support from other sources than the company itself, rather than depending solely on the ISP's action and hand-holding all the while bitching and moaning about paying for a service they aren't getting, whether they are at fault or not?

Some people deserve to jump the queue.

How many people in your boat do you think are intelligent and articulate enough to attempt to solve the problem on their own as well as look for support from other sources than the company itself, rather than depending solely on the ISP's action and hand-holding all the while bitching and moaning about paying for a service they aren't getting, whether they are at fault or not?

Some people deserve to jump the queue.

I rekon there are three but what do I know :hihi:

And the point about queue jumping is that it would be nice if I didn't have to take that option - which by the way I haven't as I'm still working the problem through with Plusnet tech support.

Understood. Can only suggest taking opportunities when they arise. As I'm sure James will tell you, PlusNet is aware of the delays in support responses at the mo, but as far as I know are currently making some changes to try to make things better.

Well don`t know about their customer service, but I can see their offices from where I work and a couple, (I stress the word couple) of the guys are well nice ......... :thumbsup:

I can see them when they go outside for a smoke :)

soz that was a bit off track......

Thanks - there is always a chance that there still maybe a problem with my end which is out of plusnet's control... so we'll see!

I used to work for plusnet and can safetly say they treat their staff worse than cattle!

Disciplinarys for pretty much everything they go on about customer service then cause merry hell when youre call times are longer than 2-3mins!

I worked there 8 months and then one day they decided i wasn't meeting my *targets* and let me go no thank you no letter f*** all! The customer service/tech side of things was fine I just wasn't rushing customers off the phone as they liked or answering tickets during breaks like others did to meet target!

Hi,

I've one for LostNFound...

Can you help a beleagured PlusNet subscriber? My connection went down on 21st June and PlusNet support are being summarily unhelpful.

What can I do to get back online? Apparently my fault has been referred to Plusnet's supplier, which I gather to be Tiscali. Their fault resolution times are more than 9 working days currently. My ADSL modem syncs at 8Mbps, but I can't connect ("the remote computer did not respond" when I try to log in).

Is my problem being lumped in with other DSLMax faults at the bottom of the pile? What happens if I call the 0906 709 0002 support line? Do they answer quickly?

I'll PM you my username if that helps.

Yours (sob)

osKernel

Quickest way to resolve that is move to another ISP.

I believe the 0906 number is for non-connection questions, less urgent etc. hence the charge.

What can I do to get back online? Apparently my fault has been referred to Plusnet's supplier, which I gather to be Tiscali. Their fault resolution times are more than 9 working days currently. My ADSL modem syncs at 8Mbps, but I can't connect ("the remote computer did not respond" when I try to log in).

Other than try another modem/router (preferably a router with the CORRECT settings), and ensuring you have tried it plugged into the Master telephone socket with a different microfilter, with every other telephone device unplugged from the line, there is little you can do than wait for Tiscali to get off their bum and sort your line out.

Is my problem being lumped in with other DSLMax faults at the bottom of the pile? What happens if I call the 0906 709 0002 support line? Do they answer quickly?

If you are on a Tiscali LLU service then you are not on DSLMax as DSLMax is a BT Wholesale product.

From my experience of PlusNet's new support remit, the 0906 is for any problem where you need hand-holding over setting things like e-mail and domains up or anything else you could do on the Internet or read a setup guide to help you with, but if something is literally not working and you think PlusNet might be at fault you want the 0845, where your problem can be checked out and if it IS a problem with setting your stuff up then they can tell you to go to the 0906 line instead.

As for if 0906 is picked up more quickly than 0845, who knows!

Just my 2¢

alkatraz

Fortunately I know my arse from my elbow so have tried the whole 'use different hardware' thing. The problem was that the ADSL link came up but I couldn't log in (Windows RAS error 721: the remote computer did not respond). The ADSL link had speeds of 8192 down, 644 up (kbps).

I reckon I'm on the Tiscali LLU, cos my exchange has been fitted with this.

At 15:52 on 30/06/06, Plusnet got my connection working! Fantastic, thanks Plusnet! My link's at 192 down, 288 up (kbps). Odd to see this combination of speeds, but I ain't knocking it because it works!!

I shall give the 0906 number a miss (see above!).

Hopefully they'll ramp the speed up now.

osKernel