ASDA What's going on?

Went to Asda on the cross yesterday and a hell of a lot of the fresh meat was on its use by date or very close to it and still being sold at full price. I think it is time to rethink were I shop.

Get yourself to Sainsburys! People think it's expensive but it doesnt have to be and they have brilliant offers on..

I did a shop last saturday and spent £98, got 5 big bags of shopping and i got a ticket at the end saying my shop with sainsburys was £10.81 cheaper than if i'd have shopped at Asda..

Bargain :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I'd call Aldi and Lidl low end, or no more so than any of the others. They just do what they do well and the others supermarkets don't seem to know how to compete other than by lowering prices so they have to cut service to pay for overheads of their larger stores. Morrisons at Meadowhead is particularly dreadful.

People want cheap prices and expect the same standards and it ain't going to happen. Asda had to change a lot of the ways they work and got rid of a lot of staff and managers and now employ section leaders who have no clue about what they are doing. It's a sign of the times we are in and there will be a lot more to come in the near future. Shoppers are to blame for this as they go to the low end supermarkets for the cheap products at which time the other stores do cut backs. 5 years down line when all these aldi and lidal stores have got there market, they will close many of there stores and hike up there prices then where will everyone be left

The same as we are now, another version of Aldi and Lidl will come along.

People want cheap prices and expect the same standards and it ain't going to happen. Asda had to change a lot of the ways they work and got rid of a lot of staff and managers and now employ section leaders who have no clue about what they are doing. It's a sign of the times we are in and there will be a lot more to come in the near future. Shoppers are to blame for this as they go to the low end supermarkets for the cheap products at which time the other stores do cut backs. 5 years down line when all these aldi and lidal stores have got there market, they will close many of there stores and hike up there prices then where will everyone be left

I would argue that the big supermarkets increased prices by too much as they thought they had cornered the market, this was about the time that Aldi rose to prominence, now instead of cutting prices they cut staff and services, I hope they all go to the wall.

I asked why they hadn't got the biscuits I usually buy, said the factory that made them was flooded at Christmas time, there was something on the news about it a few days later

I told Andy Clarke what I thought last time he popped over. (I use to live on the same street so he pops in now and again) I told him to get his ass to the Sheffield handsworth store and see what us shoppers are met with and make it unannounced (or use to be met with). I told him I now shop at the Aldi although to be fare they are too are becoming a pain as last week they had hardly any veg and no butter! I admit the meat was plentiful but so was Asda's meat fridges. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other lol.

Tell him to sort out the hand basket situation too. Most of the time now you have to go hunting for a few left lying around.

We always shop at ASDA, but has anyone else noticed that since about New year, their shelves have been noticeably sparse and the prices (especially the staples) are very high?

Even the usual "offers" are few & far between.

I asked why them 4 weeks ago and was told they were "stocktaking" but it hasn't improved.

Is it time to give TESCO a try?

Haven't been in ASDA at Handsworth since last year.I tried to buy a pair of trousers but they don't open the changing rooms till the afternoon, when I asked why, they said they didn't have the staff and they were getting a lot of shoplifting but I could buy them and bring them back if they didn't fit. I suggested they lock the doors to the store then they wouldn't get any shoplifting. I'm afraid irony detection is in short supply there. We now shop elsewhere.

both liddle and and aldi are cheaper

Also poorer quality products. Cheap does not always mean good

---------- Post added 03-03-2016 at 18:37 ----------

I would argue that the big supermarkets increased prices by too much as they thought they had cornered the market, this was about the time that Aldi rose to prominence, now instead of cutting prices they cut staff and services, I hope they all go to the wall.

Slightly incorrect my friend. Every company has reduced prices to compete and are looking at ways to be a lot leaner in their process. End of the day they have to make a profit for share holders. Aldi uk have made zero profit for over a year. Not good business sense and how long can they run at that

Ditto. I think that Tesco (Infirmary Road one) are pushing their 'own brand' stuff. Vaporesse iron water has vanished and there's considerably less Hovis bread than there was, with more of their own 'lookalike' (but unfortunately not smellalike or tastealike in the case of these examples) taking their place. Back to the Co-Op!!!!

My bold....What is it? A health drink, or water you put in the iron.:huh:

---------- Post added 03-03-2016 at 18:42 ----------

Ditto. I think that Tesco (Infirmary Road one) are pushing their 'own brand' stuff. Vaporesse iron water has vanished and there's considerably less Hovis bread than there was, with more of their own 'lookalike' (but unfortunately not smellalike or tastealike in the case of these examples) taking their place. Back to the Co-Op!!!!

Or did it vanish because it were vaporessed.:D

My bold....What is it? A health drink, or water you put in the iron.:huh:

---------- Post added 03-03-2016 at 18:42 ----------

Or did it vanish because it were vaporessed.:D

Fragranced water for irons

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/comfort-vaporesse-blue-1l?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=C%2Fc4W8U1eF0drAV3fInlUbYs6GopfVn1cFeWaBirRoRcBFXyDAanbFAHWSscplScRs2IuVjmT8%2BP%0AVpIfXJAPTwthbpKvsmlbuANlRtgCtgfZVDxRY5fparwVC1Mdz%2BYc&ddkey=http:gb/groceries/comfort-vaporesse-blue-1l