Best route to Manchester airport via motorway

Don’t forget the new car drop off charges!!! About £4 for 5 mins!!! Go by train

If you use an Advance ticket for your return travel it is still valid even if your plane is (up to?) three hours late.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Hi,

There are planned closures on the Woodhead so airpot travellers are expected to be delayed.All I am asking is that are the closures at the weekends ?

I always drive the route (over Woodhead) to Manchester Airport, but would be interested in going by train from Sheffield. Can someone tell me approx ticket cost, and how close to the airport does the train go?

I always drive the route (over Woodhead) to Manchester Airport, but would be interested in going by train from Sheffield. Can someone tell me approx ticket cost, and how close to the airport does the train go?

The station is in the airport! T1 and T2 are less than 5 mins walk but T3 is 10-15 mins. Tickets are variable in price but seem cheap enough to me.

i`m picking up at airport sunday morning,rang highways england and the say night closures on woodhead are monday to thursday only.

The station is in the airport! T1 and T2 are less than 5 mins walk but T3 is 10-15 mins. Tickets are variable in price but seem cheap enough to me.

UK rail prices are as confusing as its politicts. And only "sometimes" cheaper when you buy a month in advance. Ordinary tickets bought on day of travel are super expensive compared with rest of europe.

UK rail prices are as confusing as its politicts. And only "sometimes" cheaper when you buy a month in advance. Ordinary tickets bought on day of travel are super expensive compared with rest of europe.

Rail prices are confusing yes, but people going to/from the airport will generally know their schedule well in advance and therefore its easy to get cheap tickets, which are available up to 12 weeks in advance. Anyone buying a ticket on the day, for any journey, is either daft or getting it reimbursed through work.

Rail prices are confusing yes, but people going to/from the airport will generally know their schedule well in advance and therefore its easy to get cheap tickets, which are available up to 12 weeks in advance. Anyone buying a ticket on the day, for any journey, is either daft or getting it reimbursed through work.

It is a discriminating system that only helps intelligent people and disabled citizens pay more.

Rail prices are confusing yes, but people going to/from the airport will generally know their schedule well in advance .

Planes are often delayed by up to 2 hours. So unless you book the ticket to be 2-3 hours after you land, its a risk.

Went late last night, a bit tricky! The airport exit from the M60 was completely closed, with very poor diversion information. The airport itself appears to be undergoing a lot of-upgrading, with roads closed, contraflows and again very poor temporary signage, to cap it all the northbound exit from the M60 onto the M56 (signposted ‘Sheffield’) was closed! Good luck!

Planes are often delayed by up to 2 hours. So unless you book the ticket to be 2-3 hours after you land, its a risk.

It's off topic a bit, but not really a risk - buy an anytime ticket in advance and you'll still save a huge amount over the walk on fare. Admittedly those tickets aren't as cheap as booking on a specific train, but if your flight is genuinely delayed the train conductors will account for that.