Best route to Manchester airport via motorway

It will be via Buxton and Chapel-en-le-Frith. Not a bad route.

Buxton?….........

Guest busdriver1
Buxton?….........

OK not quite Buxton but close

Depending on where you live in the city, another route would be via the M62 then M1 South, quite a long way round but obviously well lit and close to help should you need any. The southern route, via Sparrowpit etc, is another one but probably not recommended at night.

several years ago, I used to go that way to stockport fairly regularly at night and it was fine.

... there's one underneath. does anyone know this route and what it's like at night? I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a better way? Thanks

Would it be the "Pott Shrigley" route?

Worth considering is the very soon to be opened A555 dual carriageway from the airport to the A6 at High Lane at Disley.

Providing a route that avoids Chapel, Whaley Bridge and all the Cheshire villages over the Pott Shrigley route.

Downside is the 5 miles along the A6 from Furnace Vale through Disley to High Lane.

Thanks for the replies. I really want to avoid going down snakes pass but if needs be I'll have to go that way.

How much longer does it take roughly to go m62 way? I'm at intake.

I drive the route to the south....via Chapel, but before we moved to Unstone, drove the Snake Pass. Personally, I think the Snake is a better route from where you are....

Thanks for the replies. I really want to avoid going down snakes pass but if needs be I'll have to go that way.

How much longer does it take roughly to go m62 way? I'm at intake.

At night (9.30pm) Google says between 1 hr 25 mins and 1 hr 55 mins, 88 miles

Snake is 1 hr 10 to 1 hr 30 and 47 miles.

Usualy take the train.

It has been a while since my last vehicle transfer transfer manchester sheffield.

It was so misty bad weather many flights cancelled, we needed to make two attemps at instrument computer landing, to just land before. The higher A roads were closed misted over.

Had to drive M62 M1, It was much easier and safer to drive under difficult circumstanses.

Why the aversion to the snake.

It's the easiest and quickest route

And shortest.

YOu can go down by Eyam and then come up from there but its longer time wise.

If you really want to do the M62 its about 1hr45 depending on traffic. Its a long distance mileage wise but quicker. You are essentially looping round top of Manchester

Thank you for the replies. I think I'll wait to see how bad the weather is before deciding.