One lucky cyclist.

Is a 'smart' car likely to veer one way or the other, or have their bicycle chain fall off and upend all three riders, or get tangled up with a fellow smart car?...You're talking nonsense!

So you dive in a manner that doesn't expect any other motorist to do something stupid or unpredictable. :o

Please tell me that you're only pulling our legs? If not is it possible for you to post the routes that you drive regularly, and the times that you drive them?

:hihi:

And that is one reason why emoticons will always have a place on the forum...

... to help those unfortunates amongst us who lack the ability to understand that sometimes comments are made in jest! :roll:

quite, maybe I should use them. ;)

it was a joke, perhaps a little cryptic. Its the tendancy of cyclist bashers to bash all cyclists when they see a cyclist do something wrong, so I was suggesting that you might literally bash any or maybe all cyclists to seek retribution for the stupid behaviour of the cyclist you saw. Of course I'm fully aware that you wouldn't do this.

:hihi:

Well I'm glad you cleared that one up...

... but please don't let it happen again! ;)

Is a 'smart' car likely to veer one way or the other, or have their bicycle chain fall off and upend all three riders, or get tangled up with a fellow smart car?...You're talking nonsense!

Entirely possible yes (apart from the chain part). You wouldn't overtake a smart car with 30cm between you, would you? I hope not. this is how close i get overtaken by quite regularly on my bike. Nor would you speed towards it when there was no room to overtake hoping it would move out of the way in time. Like you did in the video

Entirely possible yes (apart from the chain part). You wouldn't overtake a smart car with 30cm between you, would you? I hope not. this is how close i get overtaken by quite regularly on my bike. Nor would you speed towards it when there was no room to overtake hoping it would move out of the way in time. Like you did in the video

I think you need to watch the video a little more closely...Frame by frame if necessary.

it was a joke, perhaps a little cryptic. Its the tendancy of cyclist bashers to bash all cyclists when they see a cyclist do something wrong, so I was suggesting that you might literally bash any or maybe all cyclists to seek retribution for the stupid behaviour of the cyclist you saw. Of course I'm fully aware that you wouldn't do this.

Sorry, got a bit of a cold, brain is running a little slow.

I could have apologised to her on behalf of all cyclists, but she cycles as well!

---------- Post added 03-03-2016 at 09:51 ----------

He's determined not to learn anything from the incident.

Sorry, got a bit of a cold, brain is running a little slow.

:o

Well I hope you caught the bus to work then...

... it can be very dangerous on the roads these days if you don't have your wits about you when you're cycling or driving... :P

I work at home most days. I just walk to the study.

:huh:

That's little comfort if Mr Pete is following you! ;)

Well now I suppose theres a point although I hope he's not going to be doing it again.

---------- Post added 03-03-2016 at 10:31 ----------

It's not the seat that bothers me! It's the whole 'hit by a car' that bothers me..

If you are familiar with Penistone Road at Tea time it is full of cars/buses/lorrys and it is stop start stop start all the way up Halifax Road and beyond...

1, Having to manouver between vechicles is scary enough on it's own on a bike.

2, The car fumes must be wonderful for the baby to breath in and before anyone says anything, no it's not got some extra special oxygen helmet on it's little head!

3, Buses and Lorrys

1. Isnt there a cycle path?

2. You think you wont get them in a car? And on a bike you are there for less time to breath them in

3. planes trains and automobiles....

I think you need to watch the video a little more closely...Frame by frame if necessary.

I have and as we've discussed to death you attempted to overtake dangerously. If you just had a little humility and could admit it this thread could end.

It seems pretty clear to me.

The driver is in the wrong for not stopping when he was first on the scene of a RTA---why would you just drive past somebody who has crashed???

Its clear that the other cyclist has become aware of the accident and is slowing to offer assistance--the driver ignores the incident and decides to plough on and in doing so creates a danger to other road users.

I work at home most days. I just walk to the study.

Sure you didn't mean 'sofa'? :hihi: