Beginner's Belly dance class in Hillsborough

I have been teaching a weekly Belly dance class in Hillsborough for a few years and from Thursday 10th March I will be focussing the class on beginners.

If anyone would like to give Belly dance a try, this would be an ideal time to start! It's great fun, its good for flexibility, core strength and posture, gets you moving and builds your confidence. Its is also a great excuse to acquire sparkly costumes and accessories :-)

The class will run from Thursday evenings from 10th March, 7.15-8.15pm. It is held at the St Johns Memorial Hall in Hillsborough, which is on the corner of Forbes Road and Walkley Lane (close to the bus interchange and Hillsborough corner tram stop).

Classes will cost £5 if you pay up front for a set of classes, £6 on a one-off basis. The pay-up-front system can be flexible to account for holidays or shift patterns and it doesn't matter if you cannot make it every week as the technique will be reviewed and recapped on a regular basis.

Anyone over the age of 16 is welcome, there is no upper age limit. You don't need any special kit or costume (although you might find that you want to acquire some!).

If you have any questions either shout up on this thread or PM me.

Cheers

Cis

I've been attending Cis's classes for quite a while now and really enjoy them. It's great way to make new friends, get some exercise and learn something new. I look forward to meeting some people :-)

Hi, sounds great - do we need to book or can we just turn up?

also, what do we need to wear? - footwear as well as clothing?

thanks

:)

No need to book, you are welcome just to turn up on the night - I will be at the hall from 7pm and the class starts at quarter past, so there is a bit of time for signing up and asking questions before we start. Its a big hall with lots of space.

You can wear whatever clothes you feel comfortable in - a lot of people wear leggings and T shirts, some like to dress up a bit more. It is a good idea at this time of year to have an extra layer that you can take off once you get warm. A long full skirt can be nice for swishing around in and it can be good to have a scarf to tie around your hips, especially one with sparkly bits, jingly bits, tassles or fringe on, but none of it is essential. I will have some hip scarves available for people to use on the night if they want to.

For footwear I usually go barefoot, the floor in the hall is wooden and pretty well kept. It can be a bit cold at this time of year though so you might want to wear dance pumps/any shoes that are flexible and well fitting (or at a pinch those socks with grippy bits on the bottom).

Looking forward to seeing you there :-)

Cheers

Cis x