Year 1 Anniversary.

Just to say it's a year today since my dear cat was put to sleep.

It was for the best.

Granma.

ah its painful isn't it xx

I've owned and adored so many furry and not so furry critters over the years but the special ones always stand out and I try to mark their memory by lighting a candle outside where they are buried :(

It's so hard to lose them, and I wish they could live as long as us sometimes, but I'm sure you have lots of beautiful memories to help to ease the pain. XXX

Just to say it's a year today since my dear cat was put to sleep.

It was for the best.

Granma.

It's tough, isn't it? The sadness fades with time, but slowly.

My beautiful old lady cat died last May, and Merlin, the handsome cat who's been with me nearly as long as I've lived down here, is poorly and slowly fading away. It's heart breaking. I know the final trip to the vet is coming, but while he's eating and drinking and still seems as content as he can be, I'm having trouble letting him go. To complete the misery, my second-oldest cat, Jesse, is just coming to terms with going blind.

It's been a thoroughly horrible twelve months :( .

It's tough, isn't it? The sadness fades with time, but slowly.

My beautiful old lady cat died last May, and Merlin, the handsome cat who's been with me nearly as long as I've lived down here, is poorly and slowly fading away. It's heart breaking. I know the final trip to the vet is coming, but while he's eating and drinking and still seems as content as he can be, I'm having trouble letting him go. To complete the misery, my second-oldest cat, Jesse, is just coming to terms with going blind.

It's been a thoroughly horrible twelve months :( .

:( so sorry Hecate. We lost 2 last year, our rescued old Bengal girl in July and my mum's old 18 year old moggie in November. We learned last month that our rescued mog Aimee has some kind of intestinal cancer but for the moment she is coping well with steroid injections and wants to eat and is lively but had lost a lot of weight. She was only 5 weeks old when we rescued her and is 7 now. Our Havana oriental is looking and acting very old too (she's only 12)...

Thank you, katkin. I'm sorry for your losses too. I hope Aimee and your Havana mog stay as content and happy as possible for as long as they possibly can. ♥