More than 85% of public tip offs on benefit 'frauds' are false

The benefit fraud line doesn't say only ring up with proven wrongdoings it says to report suspected fraud.

It takes a couple of minutes for the benefits people to check is person A receives a benefit or not. Surely that would account for over 85% of the phone calls, unless we all enjoy a life where we're in the know of our neighbours lives.

Of course, if they were false, that would also account for the difficulty in proof.

The point being that it's impossible to determine if they were false or not.

The point being that it's impossible to determine if they were false or not.

Another way of putting it is somewhere between 0% and 85%, but not 85%, probably nearer 0%.

Would anyone shop their neighbour? I wouldn't it's terrible. Live and let live and mind your own. You can't possibly no everything about someone's circumstances.

Would anyone shop their neighbour? I wouldn't it's terrible. Live and let live and mind your own. You can't possibly no everything about someone's circumstances.

If your neighbours were squatting, making a noise at all hours, throwing rubbish everywhere outside, etc. would you consider it?

If your neighbours were squatting, making a noise at all hours, throwing rubbish everywhere outside, etc. would you consider it?

Where the hell do you live?

Firth park?

i wonder what percentage of the 85% was so difficult to prove due to varying reasons and sensitivities:suspect:

The article didn't say they were difficult to prove but stated that there was insufficient or no evidence of fraud which is different as trying to prove a negative is impossible.

Why not quit on it then. Put the immense amount of cash currently going towards benefit fraud investigation back into the system- after all, they're clearly not providing value-for-money (as it's so difficult to detect and prove).

Because it will encourage more fraud.

I'd consider moving!:hihi:

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 15:44 ----------

Where the hell do you live?

Firth park?

he lives in page hall.

I'd consider moving!:hihi:

he lives in page hall.

So you'd move rather than report a neighbour who you knew where breaking the law (or tenancy)?

So you'd move rather than report a neighbour who you knew where breaking the law (or tenancy)?

Don't be surprised - some members on here wouldn't report known criminals or crimes been carried out.

why should i care about someone elses tenancy?:suspect:

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 17:18 ----------

a tenancy is a contract between two people