How to sell a house quickly?

I have a house up for sale, it has been on the market for 6 months but no takers. The estate agent hasn't been particularly helpful or proactive.

I'm wondering if there are any landlords who scoop up properties to rent out and if so how would I find them?

I've also seen various online companies who will buy your house and pay you cash within 7 days for 20% less than the asking price, but that sounds a bit iffy.

My deadline for selling is shortened now as I need the money for a deposit on a new house, so I'm considering all options and will happily reduce the price for a quick sale. I need advice?

Price is the main thing, but there are a few things you can do with pictures or some small jobs to make it more appealing to potential buyers.

I think with advertising as long as it's on Rightmove and Zoopla thats the most important stuff done these days.

You could stick up the link and see if any comments are helpful?

I don't live in the house, it has tenants in until April so I can't really go in and do anything, but it has all new carpets, recent double glazing and looks like a reasonably tidy house.

I've just rung the estate agent and asked for the price to be dropped and given them a deadline in the hope that they'll pull their finger out.

I don't live in the house, it has tenants in until April so I can't really go in and do anything, but it has all new carpets, recent double glazing and looks like a reasonably tidy house.

I've just rung the estate agent and asked for the price to be dropped and given them a deadline in the hope that they'll pull their finger out.

If your house has tenets in place then the market of people whoa re interested is limited so it could be a case of waiting for the right person to come along. Dropping the price won't do any harm.

Remember to keep in regular touch with your estate agents as well to keep them motivated.

The tenancy ends in April so anyone putting an offer in would have an empty house to move into. I do keep in touch with the agent but there's nothing happening.

Please keep the advice coming. Does anyone know of any companies who just buy houses to rent out?

Are you really that desperate that you can't wait until the tenants move out in April? Sounds like an awful lot of money potentially you could lose for the sake of holding out for a couple of months.

Try markjenkins auction house, next auction is 22nd March.....

Auction is a good way to sell fast.

In the current market, houses that are priced correctly, are well presented, have high quality photos, are marketed well on all the property sites and have the estate agent to do the viewings are selling fast. I suspect that one of these factors at least may have been overlooked by your current agent.

Landlords are snapping up properties right now as in April they will have 3% stamp duty to pay so now is an especially good time to sell with sitting tenants whether at auction or otherwise. After that point though the balance may swing the other way.

We have a book called The 39 Steps to a Successful House Sale: From the Estate Agent Who Knows How to Sell Houses Fast. If you PM me your contact details we'd be happy to drop one off.

Hope that helps

Landlords haven't been snapping up this house! Two agents both valued it as the same price and it has been on all the usual sites. There has been one viewing in 6 months! Where are all these landlords? Lol

I hadn't thought of using an auction, what sort of percentage of the market value do houses usually sell for?

In the current market, houses that are priced correctly, are well presented, have high quality photos, are marketed well on all the property sites and have the estate agent to do the viewings are selling fast. I suspect that one of these factors at least may have been overlooked by your current agent.

Landlords are snapping up properties right now as in April they will have 3% stamp duty to pay so now is an especially good time to sell with sitting tenants whether at auction or otherwise. After that point though the balance may swing the other way.

We have a book called The 39 Steps to a Successful House Sale: From the Estate Agent Who Knows How to Sell Houses Fast. If you PM me your contact details we'd be happy to drop one off.

Hope that helps

Landlords haven't been snapping up this house! Two agents both valued it as the same price and it has been on all the usual sites. There has been one viewing in 6 months! Where are all these landlords? Lol

I hadn't thought of using an auction, what sort of percentage of the market value do houses usually sell for?

mltc, where do you have this information about landlords snapping up property? (a link would be interesting to read, but preferably it is excluding London)

I can't imagine this is true, and hence your response CR.

At the moment benefit legislations are going through that mean landlords won't get direct payment from the government for tenants that are on housing benefit. As an investor this would ring alarm bells for me until this is finalised. This is a massive change in things in the rent/btl market. Many people will stop renting out to benefit claimers I would reckon, and this will lower rent value. As it happens, I haven't got properties or ever likely to, so this is just a guess and interest because I think it's a dreadful government decision.

might be interested send me pm