Nightmare or comedy ? Boris and Trump, together..

Nowt wrong with Boris, other than he is a Tory. Now if he was a member of UKip, well I can only hope.

Angel1.

I think Boris is okay. Shame Farage wasn't an MP he could then have put himself forward at the next election for PM. He would get my vote, can only hope if there is any By Electinons from now until the next general election he might stand for ukip. After Trump's victory anything is possible.

I haven't lost all semblance of respect for the voters, but some ? Yes I admit it. This has never happened, certainly not to such an extent, at any election before. I`m fairly sure I`m not alone in this. I feel this is one of the many reasons that Brexit is so unwelcome, particularly when one remembers that 18 mths ago most people weren`t that bothered about Europe (only about 15% even put it in their top three concerns before the 2015 General Election).

The EU project is profoundly unpopular in the UK, but not usually enough to change peoples' votes. The referendum allowed us to vote the matter in isolation.

Even those who voted remain generally don't like the project, but they didn't want to chance going it alone. Leaving is an act a bravery by the UK electors, plucking up the courage to vote for what they want rather than what seems safest,

The EU project is profoundly unpopular in the UK, but not usually enough to change peoples' votes. The referendum allowed us to vote the matter in isolation.

Even those who voted remain generally don't like the project, but they didn't want to chance going it alone. Leaving is an act a bravery by the UK electors, plucking up the courage to vote for what they want rather than what seems safest,

That is what I was thinking when I cast my vote to leave the EU. I cant denigh I was frightened of the unknown and I would still vote to leave if there was another Brexit vote.

That is what I was thinking when I cast my vote to leave the EU. I cant denigh I was frightened of the unknown and I would still vote to leave if there was another Brexit vote.

Good on you.

Surely that`s a contradiction in terms ?

I can only repeat that the surveys before the last GE stated that only about 15% of voters ranked Europe in the top three of their concerns. I agree it`s not like that now, after all, according to the (very successful, but also misleading) Leave campaign the EU is responsible for most of our ills.

Surely that`s a contradiction in terms ?

I can only repeat that the surveys before the last GE stated that only about 15% of voters ranked Europe in the top three of their concerns. I agree it`s not like that now, after all, according to the (very successful, but also misleading) Leave campaign the EU is responsible for most of our ills.

No it's not. The vast majority of the country don't like the EU. They just never hated it enough for it to change their GE vote. I can't put it more simply than that.

Disrespect by people who consider themselves superior, of the bulk of the electorate, is what's responsible for most of our ills.

The problem is, and I`ve found this when talking to some Leavers, they also haven`t got much time to be interested (= knowledgeable) about politics and international affairs. And this isn`t meant to be an insult, it`s just a fact.

Second point, are you saying the "silent majority" are also nationalistic and (mildly ? ) racist ?

This was the crux of an argument I had with my mother. Her comments were she wasn't a political expert but thought she was more politically aware than me by reading the Daily Mail (ffs).

No it's not. The vast majority of the country don't like the EU. They just never hated it enough for it to change their GE vote. I can't put it more simply than that.

Disrespect by people who consider themselves superior, of the bulk of the electorate, is what's responsible for most of our ills.

Err, no it`s not. What`s responsible for most of our ills is we`ve too many lazy (and tax avoiding, hello Penny ! ) people in this country.

Two MASSIVE generalisations there that are worth diddly squat.

You have no evidence the vast majority of the population do not or did not like the EU. The ONLY evidence you have is 51.9% wanted to leave and that is not a vast majority, its a slim majority at best.

Just when you thought things couldn't get more ludicrous....

Nigel Farage wants to be America's ambassador to the EU.

Just when you thought things couldn't get more ludicrous....

Nigel Farage wants to be America's ambassador to the EU.

I think he was joking when he said that on the Agenda, Has Preston to over as presenter on the Agenda permanently.

I agree. That said, the closet libertarian in me says that if someone wants be a bit racist, let them. Stop calling people stupid who don't want their communities to change from what they are. That's been the establishments biggest mistake. People in clacton don't want some lefty London based comedian telling them they're thick because they don't want a polski shop on every corner. Racist? Xenophobic? You could argue both but if that's what people who live there want, who are we to deny them that right?

Exactly .