McDonalds in Hillsborough

Do they get free mcdonalds. Only asking as wouldnt be surprised if they did. It means they can keep an eye on the trouble for the cost of a big mac meal.

In some stores and depending on the manager they get free hot drinks

Not directly linked, but I saw not one, not two, not three, but seven polie officers leaving the Costa at Meadowhall the other Friday in three police vehicles all with coffee and bags of food with them..... the old adage of coppers with coffee and donuts !

Imagine the germs on toilet door handles, but you use them.

Supermarket trolleys, hand baskets, fresh food, handles on public transport, the list goes on.

First world problems, my child might get a germ on him/her from an LCD screen I'm letting them use so I don't have to entertain them whilst feeding them junk food.

I'd be more concerned about dealing with their diabetes.

Can you generalise a bit more whilst not actually adding anything relevant?

I know what your post meant, but don't you think you also were generalising a bit with this bold above?

It assumes people who eat there, always eat there/or eat type of food.

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 23:23 ----------

Not directly linked, but I saw not one, not two, not three, but seven polie officers leaving the Costa at Meadowhall the other Friday in three police vehicles all with coffee and bags of food with them..... the old adage of coppers with coffee and donuts !

Well with so few police stations these days, it's most likely they have to 'eat out' most times.

If you look out for things, you'll see them in these drive-through type things. I see a lot of taxis in them/ and other obviously working-

vans. I also see a lot of chav type vehicles :hihi:

I wonder if all these old little police boxes/stations that are being sold off used to have a kettle and a supply of Pot Noodles or Cupasoups?! :hihi:

The police won't be best pleased. I've never been to that McDonald's without seeing the police there; sometimes three or four cars.

I guess they'll all be piling into Granville Square now :D

I would say, who cares, I wouldn't eat that crap if they paid me, and I have been exposed to McDonalds for 35 years, but would rather have a good fish and chip shop anyday.

Imagine the germs on toilet door handles, but you use them.

Supermarket trolleys, hand baskets, fresh food, handles on public transport, the list goes on.

First world problems, my child might get a germ on him/her from an LCD screen I'm letting them use so I don't have to entertain them whilst feeding them junk food.

I'd be more concerned about dealing with their diabetes.

Fantastic comment! :hihi:

I would say, who cares, I wouldn't eat that crap if they paid me, and I have been exposed to McDonalds for 35 years, but would rather have a good fish and chip shop anyday.

Trouble is there aren't any good fish and chip shops in Sheffield now !:mad:

Stand at Hillsborough corner and there are 5 fish and chip shops within about 200 yards and the best is The Riverside on Langsett Rd .

Good hope it stops shut....slop jockeys hate them....

Stand at Hillsborough corner and there are 5 fish and chip shops within about 200 yards and the best is The Riverside on Langsett Rd .

You must be joking these are disgusting,have only tried them once but never again,soggy batter and undercooked chips.Would sooner go to Macdonalds any day.

Do they get free mcdonalds. Only asking as wouldnt be surprised if they did. It means they can keep an eye on the trouble for the cost of a big mac meal.

McDonalds say it's at the discretion of individual franchisees:

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/whatmakesmcdonalds/questions/running-the-business/customer-service/why-dont-you-give-any-discount-or-offers-to-police-officers.html