Shed alarm for a car

My car got broken into and they took stereo . i dont want to spen money on an expensive car alarm. will a shed alarm deter thieves if i fit one in car?

Thanks

in my experience Tank, alarms dont deter thieves, how long does it take, smash window, into glove compartment or take whatever is left on seat and off, 5 maybe 10 seconds.

traveler

My car got broken into and they took stereo . i dont want to spen money on an expensive car alarm. will a shed alarm deter thieves if i fit one in car?

Thanks

Did you leave something of value in sight or was it just a ramdon break in ? Also most non remote shed alarms have a delay before they trigger

Hi

My car was broken into at EIS there was nothing on show. Stereo taken (face off and face was with me!). They smashed window.

2 weeks later broke in again knowing stereo wasnt there and took nothing and caused £850 damage as they broke all the locks.

Surely in a car park a loud alarm noise would deter thieves???

What is the point of face off stereos? They get stolen anyway?

Many Thanks

Thanks

Make sure you use a pretty sturdy roof rack if you're fitting a shed alarm to your car. Mind you, I imagine the very sight'll be enough to deter even the most audacious of thieves, be they of the garden shed or car variety. :)

Thanks

You don't want to spend money yet it cost you £850 in repairs? Sounds a bit daft to me like. £100 on an alarm/immobiliser system preventing 1 toerag breaking in and it's paid for itself 7 fold.

That said, self-fit alarms on ebay aren't that expensive, £40-50 gets a decent one.

Shed alarms are a waste of money for sheds never mind a car, don't bother. (Ex CRO)

What about just fitting a flashing light so it looks like you've got an alarm fitted ?

Do people still take notice of alarms car or house.

Thanks

Don't replace your stereo , then you can save money on getting an alarm . If you fit a shed alarm, then you risk having the alarm stolen by someone who has just had their shed broken into .

oK THE insuarnce company quoted £850 I paid £100 to fix at my local garage.

I didnt think I could get a car alarm for £100 fitted. Since I know now I will make some enquiries.

oK THE insuarnce company quoted £850 I paid £100 to fix at my local garage.

I didnt think I could get a car alarm for £100 fitted. Since I know now I will make some enquiries.

If you know someone who knows about sigma alarms I have a brand new one for sale but no fitting instructions