A big Thankyou to whoever called ambulance

A massive Thankyou to whoever called the ambulance for my son who had an epilepsy seizure on the supertram this morning heading towards city collage this morning, he is now home safe and recovering xxxxxx

A massive Thankyou to whoever called the ambulance for my son who had an epilepsy seizure on the supertram this morning heading towards city collage this morning, he is now home safe and recovering xxxxxx

Pleased to hear your son is recovering

Thanks from me to the stranger that helped too

I'd love to find them, Iv seen a lot of people just left to suffer I'm so thankful, cnt offer them anything except personal thanks xxxx

If you have facebook ask sheffield online to put a ost on about it hope you find them an hope ur son is ok x

Good to know people still help. Hope he's OK and it wasnt too bad.

I was once on the Supertram when a gentleman suffered a heart problem, not a heartattack, I think, but more like severe angina. The conductor called the ambulance and the driver was put through the comms with Supertram to discuss what the best place to pick the patient up would be. I assume this is protocol so it could be that it was the conductor?

Pleased to hear your son is alright.

There really are far more good people around than bad or those who just don't care - it's just that we only usually hear about the baddies.

Nice one to all involved :)

There really are far more good people around than bad or those who just don't care - it's just that we only usually hear about the baddies.

Nice one to all involved :)

Very true.

OP - Glad to hear your son is recovering. :)

There are many different types of epileptic seizures, some are not as easy to recognise.

Since Cameron is in there someone has to have three daytime seizures a week to be considered disabled.

Best not to derail this thread down the political line - it will only end in tears.

This is a lovely 'feel good' thread about the kindness of humans to other humans - don't spoil it.:(

As a matter of interest, what should someone do if you see someone having an epileptic fit?

I have never thought about it until now.

Never try to restrain them but make sure they are safe as in not causing them self any harm e.g., move anything near them that may cause them injury. Never ever try to put something between their teeth - you can actually break their jaw by doing this.

Ideally they should be on their side but it might be difficult to do this.

Most fits will only last for maybe a minute but sometimes longer. If you are untrained in first aid it is always best to ring 999 but it's not always necessary for the person to go to hospital.

After the fit the person may recover within minutes but may be confused and agitated. If the fit goes on for any longer than 5 minutes they may need medication to stop the fit.

Seeing someone fitting can be very scary but the best thing is to keep them safe until medical assistance arrives without panicking.

Hope this helps.