How many pints can you drink before driving ?

Would you risk it though? Seriously? Would you drive home after 4 pints even if you had left it a few hours after that last pint?

No, you'd still be at the level of 3 pints, almost certainly over the limit and enough that I know my reactions would be impaired.

2 pints, over 2 hrs though. If your liver is working, and it's 3.5% beer, that's the same as having 1 pint and driving immediately.

I generally don't though. I sometimes have a shandy if I go to the pub after training and I don't feel the need to push it anymore than that.

---------- Post added 25-02-2016 at 09:19 ----------

Assuming 1 hour metabolizes 1 unit of alcohol, after 4 hours supping 4 pints you could be legal..but lager is stronger these days so it's a big could.

I do know people who have around or more and drive. Never risk it myself.

1 pint of regular lager is 2 units. It's 8 hours to metabolise 4 pints.

:huh:

For a definitive answer I suppose we'll have to Cyclone it? ;)

:hihi:

Job done! :D

:hihi:

Job done! :D

Well, if you can't be bothered to look stuff up yourself... :thumbsup:

Biotechpete had answered comprehensively before I did anyway, he wins the points. ;)

The older you get the easier to get drunk and the less speed the alcohol metabolises allegedly.

Cigarette smoking slows gastric emptying and as a consequence delays alcohol absorption.

Edited by willman

I always limit myself to 4 pints. I wouldn't drive if I supped more than 4 pints.

I thank my lucky stars that I do not go out drinking with you then if you are driving. You are a wind-up or stupid.

I thank my lucky stars that I do not go out drinking with you then if you are driving. You are a wind-up or stupid.

How do you come to that conclusion?. I'm not a wind up and not stupid either. I'm just fortunate that I can take my booze. Are you sure you wouldn't like to come out for 4 pints with me?.

Something random.

Not that long ago workers in German factories were able to order a beer in canteen.

And then go onto operating potentially limb severing machinery.

I have visited Italian factory about three years ago.

They haven't had any alcohol in canteen but workers were bringing their own wine for lunch. Not only wine, they had proper quality italian meal.

This was considered normal.

How do you come to that conclusion?. I'm not a wind up and not stupid either. I'm just fortunate that I can take my booze. Are you sure you wouldn't like to come out for 4 pints with me?.

I would.

So I could call the police and have you taken off the road...